Clutch issues 2008 yz450f

4 replies to this topic
  • coop450f

Posted March 27, 2013 - 06:24 AM

Hi there guys,
I'm looking to get some info, i am getting occasional wheel spin in neutral when the bike is on the stand running, it gets more intense as the amount of throttle is increased, seems like the clutch is still just barely on by the littlest amount, Im hoping its just a matter of making minor adjustments!!! the clutch basket, plates ect are in awesome shape and meets all allowable tolerances according to the manual. Can anyone tell me the exact steps to clutch adjustment ?? I like to do things right the first time and to gain knowledge so i can do things for myself, any help would be much appreciated!!!!!!!!

• grayracer513

Posted March 27, 2013 - 06:41 AM

In neutral, the clutch has nothing to do with anything. Also, if your hand is off the lever, then the clutch is completely engaged anyway. The rear wheel spins on the stand running in neutral because of the slight drag that exists in the transmission. In neutral, the main shaft and half of the trans gears are spinning with the engine. If the oil drag on the output shaft is great enough, it will spin the output shaft and rear wheel.

Normal. Nothing to adjust.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • coop450f

Posted March 27, 2013 - 07:06 AM

I was hoping you would reply gray, thanks alot!!

Edited by coop450f, March 27, 2013 - 07:06 AM.

• coop450f

Posted March 27, 2013 - 08:04 AM

Hey gray any tips to get a bit more free play? i think its just a minor thing

• grayracer513

Posted March 27, 2013 - 08:16 AM

Adjust the cable.

There is one adjuster under the large rubber "star wheel" cover, and another one an inch or so out from there in mid cable under a rubber sleeve.

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.