First ride 04 WR450

30 replies to this topic
  • PBDBLUE

Posted December 02, 2003 - 05:24 PM

I would except it has photo's embedded that include most of the description.

• 5spoke

Posted December 02, 2003 - 06:48 PM

This is one cool bike. Went for a quick 24mile spin this evening. I was expecting it to have more power, but I guess it needs a little tweaking.
Posted Image

• Oouthere

Posted December 02, 2003 - 07:45 PM

I can't help you on the posting then....

5spoke, I think your bike is defective and should be thrown away immediately. Where do you live? :)

Rich

• Unibomber

Posted December 02, 2003 - 07:48 PM

Hey 5-Spoke hows about tellin us the OTD price on that bad boy and where ya got it :)

• PBDBLUE

Posted December 02, 2003 - 08:17 PM

This is one cool bike. Went for a quick 24mile spin this evening. I was expecting it to have more power, but I guess it needs a little tweaking.
Posted Image

Just do the tweaks. I thought the same thing when I got mine. Trust me. You're gonna like it. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 5spoke

Posted December 02, 2003 - 08:45 PM

$5500 OTD

• MikeYarbrough

Posted December 03, 2003 - 08:39 AM

[/QUOTE]
Hey "Yardbird" you must be confused, don't you KTM owners need to hang out on the MMI site to keep your bikes running??

[/QUOTE]

By the looks of the complaints on this WR forum it looks like Yamaha may have the bugs worked out of their bikes by 2005 or 2006...they should have called Katoom to begin with. :)

• dossyboy

Posted December 03, 2003 - 09:00 AM

hello pbdblue. Hows that YZ cam does it make loads of difference, im thinking of putting one in mine (03 model) after ive fixed the other problems! but ive also gone for the 5.6 spring and fork mods these work lovely. i use it more for the track than anything and wondered why i didnt just buy an mx version but with these mods id like to think that im not far from a YZ, am i? ive not ridden a YZ450 yet. is there a huge weight and power difference etc (after ive pulled everything off it and done mods)

• PBDBLUE

Posted December 03, 2003 - 09:49 AM

I ride about 80% desert riding with balance being some moderately technical woods stuff in the summer (though nothing as extreme as you east coast boys :)). For desert riding I really like the hit you get with the YZ cam. Makes the bike feel 10lbs lighter. The stock WR is much too XR like for my taste. If I rode woods or technical trails a lot maybe it'd be different. Hey opinions are like A**holes. That's mine.

• wrkaholic

Posted December 03, 2003 - 11:01 AM

Yes PDBLUE, The YZ timing makes a difference. It will give you a much bigger hit from mid to high rpm. Since you have done all the yz stuff already, this one should be a nobrainer. Do it! On my bike it was free, so, I understand how you would be debating spending $150 on a new cam. In my book, it is still way worth it. It will feel like you built the motor. In addition, you will pull on all other stock cammed WR450s. That is worth $150, isn't it?

• PBDBLUE

Posted December 03, 2003 - 04:08 PM

Actually Wrkaholic I think you misread my post. I've already done the cam. In fact all three of my WR4xx's have YZ timing. You're right though it's a no brainer - at least for the desert.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.