protapers

6 replies to this topic
  • etuke

Posted March 27, 2013 - 02:58 AM

wanting a higher set of bars and according to protaper website the whindham rm mids seem to fit the bill.Anybody run these and how do you like them?I have had pastrana fmx and didn't like the downward slope on the grip part,always got cramps in my forearms,the windhams don't seem to be as angled.The 1's I have now are marked ATV and are not bad but would like a bit more height,on the 426 they were nice as the barclamps were on top the original but now they are just the protaper clamps on the yz with not as much height.Another set that looks good are the CR high but I'm leaning towards the whindhams.

• 1stSSPZ

Posted March 27, 2013 - 04:54 AM

I put the Windham/RM bend on oy 06 450 and it completely changed the handling characteristics of the bike (for the much better!). I had always been a Renthal/CR bend guy, so it took a little getting used to (they are a bit straighter and higher) but they worked well enough that I put them on my other 2 bikes!

• etuke

Posted March 27, 2013 - 05:20 AM

I notice there is a contour and evo style, whats the difference?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 1fun426

Posted March 27, 2013 - 09:43 AM

I have the evo windham with a 15mm riser...feels awesome. In not a t all guy but I like the bars higher than factory (426).

• WouldsAssassin

Posted March 27, 2013 - 10:03 AM

I bought Renthal RC High bends for my YZ450. They are the tallest, straightest, motorcycle bars you can get. I am 6'4".

• WB450

Posted March 27, 2013 - 12:31 PM

I put the Windham/RM bend on oy 06 450 and it completely changed the handling characteristics of the bike (for the much better!). I had always been a Renthal/CR bend guy, so it took a little getting used to (they are a bit straighter and higher) but they worked well enough that I put them on my other 2 bikes!

+1

• bigj450

Posted March 27, 2013 - 03:21 PM

got a set of rm mids on my 2011 yz450, definetly recomend them

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.