BK mod at 5000'

3 replies to this topic
  • firejake69

Posted November 14, 2001 - 08:56 PM

If anyone has done the BK mod and rides at 5-7000' please let me know what settings your using. I'm thinking about doing the mod but am somewhat reluctant. Just want it to go as smooth as possible.

• Psycho426

Posted November 14, 2001 - 09:34 PM

I'm at 5000' Ernie recommended 165 main,45 pilot it worked for him and it worked for me :)
My pilot screw is currently a 2 turns out, it seems to be fine, I'll see how she does on the track this weekend.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yzernie

Posted November 15, 2001 - 02:57 AM

Originally posted by Psycho426:
I'm at 5000' Ernie recommended 165 main,45 pilot it worked for him and it worked for me

I also recommended one leaner on the needle. I also run race gas so I can jet a bit leaner than if running pump gas. That should be a good baseline to start. Don't forget, the higher you go, the richer it will run.

• mikeolichney

Posted November 15, 2001 - 11:12 AM

I have the BK mod on my 01 set at 0.3 sec. Otherwise stock running pump fuel. I am running a 165 main if the temps are around 40 degrees, 162 if around 60 degrees. Needle clip #2. If it gets really cold I may go to #3. #4 runs like crap, lots of cracking/gurgling sounds. Pilot #42, 1 to 2 turns out depending on temp.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.