2MM Big Bore

No replies to this topic
  • YamaFling

Posted March 18, 2013 - 07:21 PM

Hey guys, bit of a lurker here, but I haven't seen much info on the 2mm overbore, so I wanted to share my experience.

I have an 06 WR450 that I picked up used, and after a year of hard riding it was in need of a new piston, rings, and a cylinder hone. I decided to get a 2mm overbore since it wouldn't cost any extra, and it brought the displacement up to 472cc. Got the parts back from Millenium Powersports and it was a straightforward affair to redo the top end.

The results were immediately noticable. The few extra CCs don't make a huge HP difference, but the behavior of the bike definitely changed for the better. The bottom end got some more oompf and I was feeding the gears much much faster as it would climb the revs quickly. The power doesn't overwhelm you in the slow technical stuff, in fact I felt like the bike was more resistant to stalling since the motor had an easier time keeping the flywheel spinning.

Definitely a mod I recommend, especially since if you need to hone the cylinder, you pretty much do this at the same cost.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.