This is what came out of my motor............

48 replies to this topic
  • still2smokin

Posted March 25, 2013 - 09:29 PM

Awe come on Krannie, we play nice in the WR section, this isn't the CA regional forum
or we would be posting photo-shoped pics of people riding in cowboy boots. ;)

• Krannie McKranface

Posted March 25, 2013 - 10:14 PM

I found it really hard to believe that the oil in your video came out of an otherwise immaculate bike, but now you've really lost all credibility and any interest I had in what you post. What exactly is the point of posting all of this up if its not to have a conversation about it? "Hey look at what a badass I am, I can rebuild a dirt bike, and fabricate fake stories about the last owner".

I'm not interested in what you believe. That's your issue.

I don't lie, cheat, or steal.

If you can't recognize satire, that's your loss.

Oh, and this is my thread, not yours, so I'm not beholding to you or anyone else.

Lighten up!

Edit:

In fact, shut up.

I am trying to make a F'd up situation handed to me as a golden turd, with humor and positive action.

I have not whined or complained once about the situation.

Can you say the same?

No.

You come in to MY thread and insult ME.

Nice. Real nice.

Edited by Krannie, March 25, 2013 - 10:19 PM.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted March 25, 2013 - 10:15 PM

Awe come on Krannie, we play nice in the WR section, this isn't the CA regional forum
or we would be posting photo-shoped pics of people riding in cowboy boots. ;)

I am nice. And honest. And helpful. And considerate.

But I refuse to suffer fools without comment.

• still2smokin

Posted March 25, 2013 - 10:32 PM

No doubt you are, I know from experience. Just say'n be nice to the brothers in blue .

• Krannie McKranface

Posted March 26, 2013 - 05:15 AM

No doubt you are, I know from experience. Just say'n be nice to the brothers in blue .

OK.

• DrFeelGood

Posted March 26, 2013 - 06:32 AM

how did the filter look?

I thought this was a valid question considering the look of that oil. But, satire aside, I'm guessing that the filter didn't look that bad?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted March 26, 2013 - 11:45 AM

I thought this was a valid question considering the look of that oil. But, satire aside, I'm guessing that the filter didn't look that bad?

It looked normal, just over used. No debris, no sludge, no nothing. The oil has virtually no visible metal particles in it either.

The analysis will tell more.

• shrubitup

Posted March 26, 2013 - 12:29 PM

I am going to leave you a crabby patty in your thread cuz you is such a mean blue owner now. AND! I'm going to mock you for not checking the oil during the purchase which is nearly as bad as someone saying that two strokes should be torn down at purchase and residual crank oil measured. :naughty:

• Krannie McKranface

Posted March 27, 2013 - 05:16 AM

The actual filter

Posted Image

• mslow

Posted March 27, 2013 - 09:29 AM

did it smell burnt? or did it smell like oil at all? looks like they used mineral oil or maybe he flushed it with something else and forgot to drain it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GlennR

Posted March 27, 2013 - 11:08 AM

Edited by GlennR, March 27, 2013 - 11:38 AM.

• GlennR

Posted March 27, 2013 - 11:36 AM

It does sound like he was flushing it out & forgot to drain it. I've never heard of oil becoming so worn out that it gets thin and nonslippery. I'd have thought it would maybe get thicker & sticky, like tar maybe.

I've made poor used machine purchases too... You've sure got to be careful.

• allterra

Posted March 27, 2013 - 07:32 PM

did it smell burnt? or did it smell like oil at all? looks like they used mineral oil or maybe he flushed it with something else and forgot to drain it.

bringing that up it kinda sounds like when I do a kero/oil flush on some of my other engines. I have not done it on this bike cause the oil takes half its life to get dark. When I get a used vehicle and change the oil then check it after an hour of run time and it is already dark then I flush and it seems to take care of it for many, many hours with regular oil changes

Edited by allterra, March 27, 2013 - 07:37 PM.

• n16ht5

Posted March 28, 2013 - 08:38 AM

The actual filter

Posted Image

GAHH my eyes!!!!

• HENRYWILLIAMFRENCH

Posted March 30, 2013 - 10:39 PM

I'm guessing the water is from the engine sucking water thru the crankcase vent tube. If you start the bike while the end of the tube is underwater... it sucks it up.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted March 31, 2013 - 03:21 AM

There is no water in the oil
There is no Kerosene in the oil
It has only the smell of old oil, no burning
It appears to be dino oil that has way to many hours on it
It is being analyzed

• SteveKing84

Posted March 31, 2013 - 05:33 AM

Seafoam? I forget if that has a distinct smell after being put in oil.

Edited by SteveKing84, April 09, 2013 - 05:16 PM.

• YHGEORGE

Posted April 09, 2013 - 12:19 PM

And ???

• Krannie McKranface

Posted April 09, 2013 - 04:56 PM

And ???

...still waiting for the results...

• SteveKing84

Posted April 09, 2013 - 05:17 PM

...still waiting for the results...

Yeah, us too. Hop to it!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.