This is what came out of my motor............

48 replies to this topic
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted March 18, 2013 - 02:32 PM

...only 15 oz of this black water....

• kawi380

Posted March 18, 2013 - 02:45 PM

I wouldn't worry about it. These newer 4 strokes don't really need oil to run. And if there is some oil it just needs to be the right color. :smashpc: :naughty: Are you now going to dive into the bottom end to make sure there is nothing out of place :thinking:

• MANIAC998

Posted March 18, 2013 - 02:48 PM

Looks kind of thin! What do you think might have caused it to be so thin? Fuel contamination?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted March 18, 2013 - 02:51 PM

Looks kind of thin! What do you think might have caused it to be so thin? Fuel contamination?

My guess is that there where no oil changes for the last 100 hours, causing the burning off the oil level, and breaking down the oil to 0 viscosity.

I'd get the oil analyzed, but what's the point..........

• jojo1224

Posted March 18, 2013 - 06:03 PM

Jesus, when was the last oil change?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted March 18, 2013 - 06:08 PM

Jesus, when was the last oil change?

The bike is new to me.

• The Anvil

Posted March 18, 2013 - 06:44 PM

did you get what you expected with the purchase price?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted March 18, 2013 - 07:53 PM

did you get what you expected with the purchase price?

I thought I did. Until now. I've bought and sold over 51 bikes in my life, keeping over 30 of them ( usually no more than 3 at a time).
This is the first time I've seen a bike so clean, even the airbox, to find something like this.

The oil isn't even slick anymore. If you get it on your fingers, it washes right off leaving no residue.

• The Anvil

Posted March 18, 2013 - 08:21 PM

I thought I did. Until now. I've bought and sold over 51 bikes in my life, keeping over 30 of them ( usually no more than 3 at a time).
This is the first time I've seen a bike so clean, even the airbox, to find something like this.

The oil isn't even slick anymore. If you get it on your fingers, it washes right off leaving no residue.

i read your thread on this purchase. i dont recall the price, however i was green with envy that you found a plated 450. The pictures made the bike look better then new. seeing the amount of work that is being performed on this bike makes me hope someday i buy a bike you are selling, no leaf unturned.

• cwallershasta

Posted March 19, 2013 - 08:28 AM

Thats insane, I too thought your new WR was pretty clean looking and look well maintained, I guess you can't judge a book by it's cover. How lazy do you got to be to let something like that happen? pretty stupid.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted March 23, 2013 - 07:42 PM

Just for grins, the oil has been sent out to Brookstone for analysis.

• SDLineman

Posted March 24, 2013 - 03:05 PM

I hope I'm not insulting your intellengence by asking if you pulled both drain plugs. Also, how did the filter look?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted March 24, 2013 - 05:27 PM

I hope I'm not insulting your intellengence by asking if you pulled both drain plugs. Also, how did the filter look?

Plugs? I just turned the bike upside down, and drained it out of the filler hole.
Next time I'll look for those new-fangled 'draining plug inserts' you mentioned.

Filter? Are you supposed to change those?

Mine looked like this. I just put it back in the motor cause it looked ok to me......

Posted Image

• SDLineman

Posted March 24, 2013 - 08:28 PM

Well, I'm sure all that good Karma your gonna get from not being a dick will keep that motor from blowing up now.

• Leardriver

Posted March 25, 2013 - 08:04 AM

The oil is so thin that you could drink it and not even have to brush your teeth.

• n16ht5

Posted March 25, 2013 - 11:06 AM

Plugs? I just turned the bike upside down, and drained it out of the filler hole.
Next time I'll look for those new-fangled 'draining plug inserts' you mentioned.

Mine looked like this. I just put it back in the motor cause it looked ok to me......

Posted Image

MY EYESS!~! GAHHH

• dustdogg

Posted March 25, 2013 - 05:13 PM

Posted Image

Is that really the filter that came out of the bike?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted March 25, 2013 - 05:43 PM

Is that really the filter that came out of the bike?

Oh, crap. Wrong pic.

It was this one............

Posted Image

No, that's out of my Honda.... it must have been this one...

Posted Image

Damn, that's the Suzuki, it must be this one....

Posted Image

Crap again. That's not it. That's from the Chevy.

THIS is it, I'm sure of it....

Posted Image

• dustdogg

Posted March 25, 2013 - 07:26 PM

Nice!!

• SDLineman

Posted March 25, 2013 - 08:18 PM

I found it really hard to believe that the oil in your video came out of an otherwise immaculate bike, but now you've really lost all credibility and any interest I had in what you post. What exactly is the point of posting all of this up if its not to have a conversation about it? "Hey look at what a badass I am, I can rebuild a dirt bike, and fabricate fake stories about the last owner".

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.