where to start on this issue

3 replies to this topic
  • Mark537

Posted March 18, 2013 - 08:25 AM

I went out to race the general gncc yesterday in aonia, ga. I felt great since I just got back from spring break and was nice and relaxed and excited to ride again. The bike seemed to be running excellent and was starting first kick. I got a great start and was second out of the first turn. Then in the second turn it stalled out. I am running a rekluse and have it adjusted properly so I found that strange. I was still rolling so I started it quick. Then less than half a mile in going down hill it stalled again. This began to happen throughout the first two laps quiet a bit. So I started using the clutch and it still stalled. Then after less than 22 miles I ran out of gas. I can normally make it over 35 at a fast pace. I have not had time to take the bike apart yet. I am just trying to see if anyone has any ideas on where to start. I was thinking maybe there was trash in the carb and the float was stuck. But any other ideas would be a great help. I have another race this weekend and need to get it fixed before then.

• grayracer513

Posted March 18, 2013 - 10:06 AM

Too rich a pilot circuit will cause this. When the bike's too rich at idle, the RPM's drop too fast as it idles down, and it can dip below idle speed and stall. The thing related to the Rekluse most likely to cause this is if the engagement rate is too quick, not the engagement speed being too low.

A flooding situation caused by float/needle problems can do this, but frankly, the most common cause is people installing too big a pilot. and/or adjusting too rich in order to get rid of every last trace of decel backfire, or when trying to make the pilot jet somehow correct a stumbling problem created by either a faulty accelerator pump or just plain bad riding style.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mark537

Posted March 18, 2013 - 10:41 AM

I havent changed my jetting in 6 months or more. Do you think it could still be the pilot?

• hackman162

Posted March 19, 2013 - 07:55 PM

I'm thinking float issue, and you're probably losing gas because of it.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.