Heavier Flywheel Weight for WR450?

3 replies to this topic
  • KentuckyWR

Posted November 29, 2003 - 01:35 PM

Anyone running a heavier than stock flywheel weight on their 03 WR450?

I realized the more I rode the bike that I missed the engine braking and extreme low-end torque of the XR600's I'd been riding since 1988.

I've geared mine down with a 52T rear sprocket but still miss those features at times . . . mainly in the really tight and really slick stuff.

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted November 29, 2003 - 02:46 PM

Check with Chuck Steahly at www.steahlyoffroad.com. He used my WR 450 as a prototype to build weights. He said that he hasn't had much interest but you never know.
Jim

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KentuckyWR

Posted November 29, 2003 - 03:10 PM

So, does your WR have one?
Did it make a huge difference?

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted December 01, 2003 - 06:38 AM

No, I had one on my WR 400 but I felt that the WR450 with the added starter drive and such was enough extra weight.
I personally haven't felt the need for more weight. I used to stall my 400 all of the time, never at a good time. I don't seem to have that problem with the 450, and it's not because I am a better rider now. It has got to be the added mass on the crank.
Jim

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.