Rear brake on handle bars???

2 replies to this topic
  • Carlisle1972

Posted November 29, 2003 - 10:30 AM

I have been toying the idea of putting a rekluse auto clutch on my pig and instead of having the clutch lever putting the rear brake on clutch side, has anyone done this? I rode with a desert racer who rides a ktm525exc and he had this set up he loved it. (I have herd this is the set up I can think of positive and negitives...No clutch :)) but blasting out of turns and less energy, and easier braking sound good)Just wondering :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • J_T

Posted November 29, 2003 - 10:50 AM

I HAVE NOT DONE THIS, but I was thinking that you could try to convert the decompresison lever for the clutch. (I don't use the decomp lever anyway, and knew others didn't as well) I also have seen some bikes with thumb decompression lever on the left side, maybe you could ADD one and still have the clutch use if needed (not as much with autoclutch) BUT still have rear brake as well!. just brainstorming

JT

• AzMtnThumper

Posted November 29, 2003 - 12:53 PM

I haven't done anything like this either, but in the November Dirt Bike there is an article on trail riding Colorado. In that article, there is a small feature on a guy's KX500 that is Revloc equipped and also features a hand brake and two rear wheel calipers while retaining the what appears to be the clutch lever on the bars (page 99). Looks pretty cool, but I haven't ever experienced enough brake fade to warrant two seperate rear brake systems. :) But then again I can compression brake :D

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.