2014 model?

2 replies to this topic
  • JohnBee

Posted March 16, 2013 - 06:04 PM

I'm just weeks away from pulling the plug on a 2013 YZ450F and I was wondering if anyone knew when the new models are scheduled to appear?
I'm planning on getting a YZ450F for enduro type riding which will result in several after market mods(weight reduction, clutch, exhaust, stator etc) and I'm wondering if I wouldn't be better off waiting to see what Yamaha has in line for 2014.

PS. I had my sights set on a KTM350 but they don't sell them in my province. However, I must confess that the white YZ450F is by far the most beautiful bike design I've ever seen myself.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PETE24

Posted March 17, 2013 - 03:05 AM

the new one should be out any day, if u go by my luck i just bought a 13 last week so it should be obsolete any day now

• mxbrewski

Posted March 17, 2013 - 10:03 AM

The new model is not usually introduced until April-May-June. Then is released about August-Sept. You may see the prototype of his bike the first weekend in April at the Japanese Nationals. Then you might be interested in waiting for it, or not. There had been rumors of an early release/introduction for this model though. The current model is a great bike though, and even better with a couple of mods.

Related Content

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.