After market or Oem

1 reply to this topic
  • exracer2

Posted March 15, 2013 - 08:07 AM

Just finished licensing my new to me 2001 wr 426. Install a vapor speedo and tusk light kit,hand guards and large tank. Gonna check the top end,install valve guide seals ,check valve clearance and change the cam chain. Is there any aftermarket piston and rings that are better than oem? Exracer2

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MANIAC998

Posted March 16, 2013 - 04:16 AM

Hmmm............................................................... interesting question! There are aftermarket pistons/rings, but don't know if I should call them better or not. Wiseco makes some strong pistons that are more robust and will resist shattering better than OEM, but how often does the OEM shatter? :excuseme: And they need a little more time to "warm up" from a cold engine to lessen the piston slap they have when cold. Personally, I prefer OEM.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.