wr400 HELP!1

23 replies to this topic
  • Do I Care?

Posted March 18, 2013 - 05:10 PM

Yeah I know that but it does not seem to be the issue. It is set a little too high ATM but I cannot adjust it lower or it gets NO fuel. Its more the fact that the needle seat has been damaged so the needle ''was catching''. I have sorted this by putting two rubbers in the float seat so I can adjust the fuel level properly. This may be the problem but I am more leaning towards the bigger pilot at this stage. It goes nice with only a little hesitation through about 1/4 throttle.
The starting issue is has all but gone just a hanging idle (not the usual 2000-3000rpm- more like 5000rpm lol ). If I connect the TPS this becomes even worst & the bike revs flat out!
I am still tossing up whether or not to use the YZ carb & re-jet it with the WR jets & buy the float needed. OR.... Buy the float, float needle set, seals, diaphragm, etc.. for the FLATCR? I think the YZ carb sounds easier & cheaper but have not looked at it yet.

• wr400mutt

Posted March 19, 2013 - 07:58 AM

I was looking into the edelbrock carb but I think I'm gonna just find a rebuild kit, it got hot riding with slow people -_- amd then couldnt get carb to stay tight ended up takin aor filter off and it would only use 1/4 throttle
So Idk I'm aggrevated with it

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Do I Care?

Posted April 10, 2013 - 09:17 AM

Just a quick update to my troubles.
My mate had lost the 0-ring & why it was revving high once warm.
I have now fitted an YZ carb, re-jetted & it runs a treat :thumbsup:

• budda

Posted April 10, 2013 - 12:49 PM

I don't know if this will help but its an easy one to check, mine had similarity problems and it turned out that the compression release cable was corroded inside and wasn't operating the lever properly.

A new cable cured all my starting problems. Good luck.............

Doh! Should have read all the thread before posting, but I'm glad it's fixed.

Edited by budda, April 10, 2013 - 12:50 PM.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.