E-Line Skid plate, quick response please, want to buy today !!

5 replies to this topic
  • zx7king

Posted November 13, 2001 - 04:58 AM

Hello all,

I read good things about the E-Line skid plate for the 426. Question... does it come up around the sides and replace the stock metal case guards?

Quick response appreciated, want to order it today.

Thanks in advance,

-- Charles

• crazyadam

Posted November 13, 2001 - 05:12 AM

yep! FULL coverage! the E-line replaces the waterpump guard, covers the frame rails, and has a guard in the shift side as well (it adds a place to keep the breather hose cleaner) well made protector! :)
thumper racing had both of mine in stock, shipped right away, both times. (one in 98, one in 2000)

[ November 13, 2001: Message edited by: crazyadam ]

• zx7king

Posted November 13, 2001 - 05:17 AM

THANKS ADAM for the lightening response!!! That is why this forum is so great.

Ordering now.

-- Charles

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chewbacca

Posted November 15, 2001 - 11:37 AM

Don't be surprised if you have to fabricate the skid plate a bit to get it to fit. I had to send the first one back to E-Line and talked with Kevin Hines about the fit issues which he thought would be resolved by the 2nd skid plate. WRONG!!! I figure their mold is off a bit and I had to use a round shaped file to move the bottom rear center hole about 3/4 of an inch to the 'correct' location in order for it to fit. Don't get me wrong I love the protection, just think they could have worked a bit more on the fit.

Good luck!

• blbainb

Posted November 15, 2001 - 04:26 PM

I've owned 2 of these and except for fit they are decent. Fit is a bit finicky and expect to use a round file to adjust mounting hole location abit. Also, I was casing doubles quite often with the first skid plate ('enduro plate' actually) and the soft fiberglass got pretty beat up. The current one is holding up but the carbon fiber is easily scraped off if you case anything. Still, it is much lighter than other full skid/case guard combos.

• crazyadam

Posted November 16, 2001 - 05:44 AM

now i remember... my first one did need about 1/2" slot in the rear to fit.. I put a round file in my cordless drill. it is worth it though. :)

Related Content

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.