Buying 09 YZ450F

1 reply to this topic
  • klogeman

Posted March 12, 2013 - 04:06 PM

Going to look at an 09 YZ450F tomorrow. This is the first 4 stroke i've looked at, always had 2 strokes. Anything i need to look closely at? Any problems common with that year or with the bike in general? My YZ250 has been trouble free for years. Should i expect anything different from the 450?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DMC707

Posted March 12, 2013 - 07:43 PM

Well, -- a 4 year old motocross bike can either be a 20 hour garage queen , a 300 hour trail grenade waiting to be put out of its misery, and all things in between.

I would try to err on the side of the 20-40 hour garage queen if at all possible

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.