What Sprocket/ What tooth

3 replies to this topic
  • reed_YZ426

Posted November 12, 2001 - 04:54 PM

Hey everybody. I Was Wondering what sprocket you would all recomend. And since im on the subject what tooth. i have a 01 YZ426. The tracks i ride at are so and so. There are some spots that are long straight aways that either lead up to a roller section or tripples. And then theres other sections that theres either Uphill whoops or doubles right after the burm. So what size tooth would you all recomend. Should i stay with stock. Go up one or 2 teeth? Any help would be very appriceated hope somebody responds to this post :)

• F-Pilot

Posted November 12, 2001 - 05:24 PM

I have an '00 and added 1 tooth to the rear for moto and trails. It helps off road with the lower 1st gear and helps on tight tracks as I don't ever use 1st gear anymore and won't ever again find neutral on a jump face (it hurt).

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yzernie

Posted November 12, 2001 - 08:18 PM

This is a tough decision to make for you. Since we don't ride the track(s) you do it would be hard to say what would be the best for you.

I ride tracks where in one portion of the track I wish I had one or two more teeth on the back. When I get to the back section of the same track I am glad I have the stock gearing. I have yet to ride a track here in So. Cal. (where there are plenty of them) where at some point on the track I wish I had different gearing. Since I cannot afford to have a rear sprocket on hand for every different track, I had to decide on a good overall gearing for every track I race.

What do you think about the gearing currently on the bike? Do you think that a tooth or two on the rear sprocket will help or hurt? You may have to find a good overall gearing and work with it.

• Psycho426

Posted November 12, 2001 - 10:59 PM

I run a 50 at the back, it seems to be fine, but the tracks I ride on don't have straights longer than 60 - 80 meters MAX!

[ November 13, 2001: Message edited by: Psycho426 ]

Related Content

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  131 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.