• terry nichols

Posted March 11, 2013 - 06:40 PM

are there any tanks out there bigger than 3 gal ???? 4 gal would be nice

• Monk

Posted March 11, 2013 - 06:42 PM

• jetrep

Posted March 11, 2013 - 06:45 PM

Your other option is IMS 3.0 gallon for about $250

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Monk

Posted March 11, 2013 - 06:47 PM

Your other option is IMS 3.0 gallon for about $250

By my mathmatics, a 3g IMS tank is not bigger then any other 3g tank.....the OP was looking for something BIGGER then 3g :thumbsup:

• MANIAC998

Posted March 12, 2013 - 01:48 AM

I wonder if Safari will make the rear tank fit the new 450 frame? If they do, then combined with there large front tank you would be able to run up to 6.7 gallons!!! That's .1/gals more than I currently run in Baja!!! If they do this, I can see a new bike in my future!!!! And with the fuel spread out over both the front & the back, the handling will be better than my current 6.6 gals up front (41 pounds!)

• allterra

Posted March 13, 2013 - 11:18 PM

I don't know if the plastic used on the tanks has changed but, some guys use to poor hot water in them then add compressed air to expand the tank. I don't recall how much more they got out of it. I do however remember a couple that looked more like a odd bubble than s tsnk.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.