13/52 Gearing

3 replies to this topic
  • rockieman

Posted March 11, 2013 - 10:52 AM

Is anyone running this gearing? I have an '07 that I strictly trail ride and have been running 12/50. I plan to replace the chain and sprockets and am looking at 13/52 vs 12/50. My question and concern is whether I will have any clearance issues with the stock chain guide?
Input anyone?
Thanks,

• mwmx54

Posted March 15, 2013 - 03:08 PM

it works great on my 2010...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • zeuszuki

Posted March 17, 2013 - 12:11 AM

13 x 51 on my 2011 , works a treat. Shortens up 1st gear enough for tight stuff and closes up the gears so you can get into 2nd / 3rd and shuffle between them for the flowy med speed stuff.

• YZPaGuy

Posted March 18, 2013 - 01:00 PM

I tried the 52 rear and wasn't a fan. First was too short and it put too much torque at the rear tire for me. I'm running a 13/50 and I like it allot. Riding in second and third in the flowing stuff is good and first has enough range so I'm not shifting constantly in the tight stuff. JMO, I don't think you will know until you try it yourself. Chain is going to be different, make sure you measure before cutting.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.