2 012 yz 450 throtle snatch

35 replies to this topic
  • 2012 yz 450

Posted March 11, 2013 - 07:55 AM

What can I do to lessen the hit on low end on and off transitions?

• 323Racing

Posted March 12, 2013 - 06:51 PM

If you mean it has to much low end power just put a smaller rear sprocket and bigger front.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted March 12, 2013 - 07:11 PM

The stock YZ mapping is very abrupt right off idle.
You need to get your hands on a ECU map tuner (not the GYT-R tuner, as it does not work the idle area) and change the fuel and ignition maps to something more mellow.

If you post in the YZ section there is tons of info.

• 2012 yz 450

Posted March 19, 2013 - 03:55 PM

For sure the throtle response is ver abrupt off idle. Do you think a Yamaha dealership would be able to remap it?

• WouldsAssassin

Posted March 20, 2013 - 08:50 AM

Yes but call first and make sure they aren't going to use the GYTR tuner to remap you.

Edited by WouldsAssassin, March 20, 2013 - 08:52 AM.

• gofaster450

Posted March 21, 2013 - 06:32 AM

One item that I found helpful in reducing this trait is the G2 throttle tamer. Its a throttle tube that has a different profile on the cam that pulls the cable. The FI YZ's throttle body pully is not round but oblong which lead to a non uniform pull from the grip to the pulley. A crack of the throttle leads to a disproportionate butterfly opening of the throttle body.

Helped (didnt eliminate) the "throttle snatch" sensation these bike have.

• Crusty Cy

Posted March 22, 2013 - 06:17 AM

+1 on the G2 Throttle Tamer tube. Also, MXA "less hit" map from the GYTR Power Tuner. 98% solved!

• Ben Mens

Posted March 22, 2013 - 06:26 PM

Might be the way my head is ported matched with a high compression piston, but on my 2010 the Jay Marmont map on the GYTR tuner really mellowed out my bottom and broadened it. Nowhere near as big of a "hit" as it was with a stock ecu tune.

• 2012 yz 450

Posted April 03, 2013 - 06:11 AM

Looking in to the g2 throtle tamer 1 st and will let every one know how it turns out. yz

• kiessel24

Posted April 04, 2013 - 06:32 AM

Looking in to the g2 throtle tamer 1 st and will let every one know how it turns out. yz

I have a 2010 yz450f and the low end hit its crazy. Let me know if you solve this issue.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WouldsAssassin

Posted April 04, 2013 - 01:26 PM

The off idle bark is only going to be completely programmed out by adjusting fuel and ignition from idle RPM and throttle position up to the first available setting on the GYTR Tuner. We can't do it with the GYTR tuner. However, I am currently running the "Drivability" map on my 2011 and it is much smoother off idle.

Try it and see if it works for you.

"Setting for improved drivability
For riding in slippery conditions, such as on hard packed dirt or wet surfaces. This setting provides easier throttle work that can be experienced not only by experts but a wide range of YZ450F users."

Fuel Injection (FI)
-4 +4 -4
-4 +4 -4
-4 +4 -4

Ignition (IG)
+2 -5 +2
+2 -5 +2
+2 -5 +2

I don't see the point of the G2 throttle tube. Yes it might smooth out the hit but you're just putting a band aid on the problem instead of correcting it.

• 2012 yz 450

Posted April 04, 2013 - 07:28 PM

Kiessel24, I ordered the throtle tube and should get it some time next week around the 7 th. I should be able to instal it and then go trail riding on the weekend depending on the forcast. Its been raining like cats and dogs here. Wouldsassassin, what kind of tunner are you using to remap? I am most likely going to try your suggestion as well. Any help on this would be appreciated. yz

• zeuszuki

Posted April 04, 2013 - 08:17 PM

Make sure to get back to us on the G2 2012yz450, I am very interested in your opinion. The Axeman uses one so there has to be something to it ?

• 2012 yz 450

Posted April 05, 2013 - 10:15 AM

Will report on the throtle tube as soon as I can instal it and ride. Most likely will remap as well but I am trying the throtle tube firsr. One variable at a time. yz

• WouldsAssassin

Posted April 05, 2013 - 11:12 PM

Wouldsassassin, what kind of tunner are you using to remap? I am most likely going to try your suggestion as well.

The GYTR Power Tuner. The above grid numbers will make sense when you have one plugged in.

• SparksXR426

Posted April 06, 2013 - 07:07 AM

Send your throttle body to Injectioneering. The difference it made to mine in the off idle/low rpm range is amazing. The tuner and the flywheel weight arent as effective as this mod when it comes to low rpm runnability for the FI bikes.

• zeuszuki

Posted April 06, 2013 - 11:45 AM

Send your throttle body to Injectioneering. The difference it made to mine in the off idle/low rpm range is amazing. The tuner and the flywheel weight arent as effective as this mod when it comes to low rpm runnability for the FI bikes.

Care to elaborate ?

• grayracer513

Posted April 06, 2013 - 06:50 PM

Injectioneering came up with a mod early on to address the abrupt tip in response. I believe it involved altering the throttle plate so as to change the angle at which it sits while closed.

There were some complaints early on regarding high turn-around times, but it's been a long time since I've heard one. That could either mean that they have the operation running better, or they don't do it anymore. Do your own research on that part.

• 2012 yz 450

Posted April 07, 2013 - 08:10 AM

Gray, what are your thougts on remaping? Some are recomending using the gytr power tuner and some are advising remaping with something else. Also, what do you think about the g2 throtle tube? Any thoughts will be appreciated. yz

• grayracer513

Posted April 07, 2013 - 05:04 PM

No thoughts on the throttle tubes. Remapping with the GYT-R tuner won't do very much for the matter because it doesn't change the RPM range affected by the tip in lurch very much at all.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.