Intake cam sprocket and valves

3 replies to this topic
  • RoughNeck3042

Posted March 10, 2013 - 10:00 PM

I just finished putting new gaskets in my 2001 yz426f and when I went to put the cam sprockets back on the intake didnt line up right it was either to high or to low and when i tried to rotate the crank counterclockwise it would go round a couple of times until the intake lobs hit the valve caps and stop i think i might.have cycled it with the chain off the intake cam when i was taking it off i have a pic of the cams i was just wondering if i messed the valve timing up or something first time doing this any help would be greatly appreciated

Attached Thumbnails

• 1362981592284.jpg

• grayracer513

Posted March 11, 2013 - 06:45 AM

Your intake cam is one tooth too far advanced (forward). Re-time it back one.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RoughNeck3042

Posted March 11, 2013 - 07:34 AM

The intake cam is the one on the right? And by back you mean it needs to be closer to the valve cover?

• RoughNeck3042

Posted March 11, 2013 - 07:36 AM

And i have tried it one tooth closer to the valve cover and it still gets stuck and wont move when the lobs hit the vlave caps

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.