2012 WR450 hurt feelings? missing free upgrades?

21 replies to this topic
  • MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted September 28, 2013 - 05:18 AM

I have the yz cam and it rocks

On a 2012 ? Tell us more !

What year is your cam and how did you time it ?

How did you handle the compression release ?

Edited by MidlifeCrisisGuy, September 28, 2013 - 05:19 AM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted September 28, 2013 - 05:26 AM

I've got a 2012 WR450 with an FMF Powercore muffler with quiet insert, the comp ECU, opened air box and I removed the starter gear and clutch from the "flywheel".

All I can say is that it rocks. People ride it and love the power and throttle response. The engine pulls clean from bottom to top all the time, whether its hot or cold out, from 3000 to 7500 feet. And I can tailor the power with the GTYR tuner to just about anything I desire.

Its been dragged raced against several bikes, including an '11 WR450F, and it pulls away from them all. Though none of them were 450 motocrossers. And yet its amazingly controllable and is perfectly happy to lug and tractor up just about anything.

It also starts first kick just about every time. Most times my butt doesn't leave the saddle.

The only issue I have is my bike is running hot, but I'm working on that.

I think the WR450F has the best woods engine in the sport, period.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.