Quick question on fuel screw (08 WR450)

3 replies to this topic
  • jj86

Posted March 09, 2013 - 03:08 PM

I'm changing out my fuel screw. I removed the stock brass screw and all I see is the spring in there. It does not look like there is an O-ring in there. Is that right? All carbs I've worked on in the past also have an oring on the screw as well.

Hoping for a quick answer as I'm planning to go back together tonight.

THanks!
JJ86

• MANIAC998

Posted March 09, 2013 - 04:29 PM

Yes, there should be an o-ring in there. They sometimes get stuck in there. Are you sure there is nothing in there?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Pooley

Posted March 09, 2013 - 04:38 PM

Check for a washer too. Typically there are all 3, spring, washer and o-ring (in that order).

• jj86

Posted March 09, 2013 - 10:23 PM

Yep, just checked. You were right. There was washer and oring stuck in there. Stuck a paper clip down in there and fished them out. Thanks, wanted to make sure I had that right before putting it back together. Pulling the carb on this bike is not much fun!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.