Does anyone know if a 2011 WR450 gas tank will fit a 2007 YZ 450?

4 replies to this topic
  • johnnydragonfly

Posted March 07, 2013 - 08:49 PM

I'm looking to increase the fuel supply for my 2007 YZ 450. I've looked at the Clarke tank but feel better about the IMS. Both are pricey. I would like to use a WR petcock for the reserve option. I believe the 2007-2011 WR petcock fits the YZ. I'm really hoping the WR tank will. If anyone has any insight, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

• FinchFan194

Posted March 07, 2013 - 08:53 PM

As long as it is the carby bike and not the newer design WR, it will work, however the radiator shrouds are needed as well.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • johnnydragonfly

Posted March 07, 2013 - 09:38 PM

I see. The Wr capacity is only a little bigger so I may just go for the IMS. All of the aftermarket tanks seem to have mixed reviews. I certainly would like the reserve factor with the WR petcock. I guess I'll find out soon enough. Thanks

• dustdogg

Posted March 10, 2013 - 10:24 AM

I have the Clarke 3.6 on my '07 WR and I like it alot. If you are going to use the WR petcock with the Clarke or IMS tank I would suggest using a WR petcock from a steel framed bike '06 or older. The reason for this is that these tanks move the petcock forward of the stock one and then you will either have to use a really long fuel line to loop around, or turn it backwards because the fuel line connects to the left side. The '06 and older WR petcock attaches the fuel line on the right side so you can keep the hose shorter like stock. This is a nice factory mod that doesn't cost too much and in your case you were going to buy it anyways, might as well get the right one !!.

Here is a pic to show what I mean.

Clark tank with '06 petcock:
Posted Image

Edited by dustdogg, March 10, 2013 - 10:28 AM.

• cowboyona426

Posted March 11, 2013 - 07:28 AM

I have the IMS on my bike and I'm not super thrilled with the fit, but it gets the job done. I'm using an 03-05 WR450 petcock as well.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.