good news & bad on that parcel

4 replies to this topic
  • Taffy

Posted April 24, 2001 - 12:23 PM

after three months i've got that lovely parcel of goodies from two dads. the first parcel got lost on the way over here to the UK.

anyway i fitted the powerbomb header & std silencer to get out & i believe i detected a slight improvement. boy did it glow though!!!

the stroker S/A tailpipe will be fitted saturday & some proper testing done for the first time since that day in early february.

the scotts triple clamps are a work of art, i've never seen anything so beautiful.

however they are standard & not the short offset pair i ordered. **** **!

so now i'm going to try & flog them over here & find a new dealer over in the USA that can understand an order when it's given to them. anybody know another dealer who can do a good price. i want a Vortex ignition while i'm there.

the damper kit is very proffesional even as a second hand item.

JD, i lifted the needle (DVP) to clip 8 & it went really well. i will put the throttle stop back in & lift it to clip 9 this weekend. that = DKP #4. the DMM needle is due in in the next 10 days.

Taffy

• revin_kevin

Posted April 24, 2001 - 12:41 PM

i,ve just ordered a full system 4 my wr from
US,paid nearly £50 to deliver 2 uk
hopeing i don't get stung for some sort of tax,are their any lessons you've learned that
may be of help 2 me in future regarding US
stuff

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted April 24, 2001 - 01:44 PM

Try Doctor Dirts 800-922-3478. They are in Lake Havasu,AZ. It's a husband/wife team - Steve & Cindy. Tell them I sent you - might help/might not. I order 99% of my aftermarket stuff thru them.

Their website is: http://www.rx4mx.com/

Brian

• Taffy

Posted April 24, 2001 - 02:03 PM

thanks brian

what ever you do never get the bloke selling the goods to you to put the goods down by even one $. because that would be defraiding her majesty's government.

remember the story of the farmer whop eats some corn & leave's enough to sow for the next crop...

Taffy

• Derek_Burns

Posted April 26, 2001 - 11:29 AM

Originally posted by revin kevin:
i,ve just ordered a full system 4 my wr from
US,paid nearly £50 to deliver 2 uk
hopeing i don't get stung for some sort of tax,are their any lessons you've learned that
may be of help 2 me in future regarding US
stuff

Kev,
You will pay VAT on anything over the value of £30 as it comes through customs.

Del

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.