Port and polishing a 1985 KLR600

2 replies to this topic
  • FOXCHARLIE

Posted March 06, 2013 - 01:24 AM

Does anyone no of people Port and polishing a KLR600, if so how well did it work?

• Jeff@bigborethumpers

Posted May 15, 2013 - 11:32 AM

Being as old as it is most people don't want to dump the money into them. But if you do Bigborethumpers.com can help. We can port that head for you no problem.

• Roguelement

Posted July 29, 2013 - 05:28 AM

I'm going to be honest with you ....I'm not 100% sure you would even feel the difference ..these engines have been so carefully designed that you would better off going with a really good performance exhaust system air cleaner combo but as far as porting . I'm not to sure ? Yes a factory race bike set up on a chassis dyno .. you might get some torque curve changes but a lap-top and some tuning and fuel adjustments will net you more performance ..than letting some local idiot with a die grinder Hog out your intake and heads then telling you you're ready to take on F1 championship... DON'T BY IT... He's dreaming and hasn't been on the planet long enough to jerk himself off yet...DON'T LET ANY IDIOT WANNABE MESS WITH YOUR BIKE.. Save your cash and if you live long enough step up to an older STOCK GSXR 1000 then have some real fun...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.