air/fuel screw keep falling out

2 replies to this topic
  • Wildcard221

Posted March 05, 2013 - 06:11 PM

so after i reshimmed my bike and had it sounding all good my air/fuel screw in my carb fell out and i didnt know if it was just a worn out spring or what so i replaced it and the screw and it happened again i also tried it again with a different type of air/fuel screw and the spring that came with it and it happened a 3rd time anybody got an idea why it keeps happening.....from what i can tell it isnt virbrating like crazy or anything but ive never ridden a newer 4 stroke just older 2 stroke...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted March 06, 2013 - 07:36 AM

You should have a fuel screw, a spring sitting on that, then a washer on the spring, then a small O-ring. See if the O-ring is missing or split.

• ectm3

Posted March 16, 2013 - 12:18 PM

I like to stretch the spring to give it more pressure on the fuel screw. When you tighten it back in turn it until its just tight then turn it out 1 1/4 turns to start. Should be pretty close.

Related Content

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.