New sound level requirements.

2 replies to this topic
  • Young_Padawan

Posted November 11, 2001 - 09:47 AM

Is there a muffler spark arrestor or sumthin out there to make my yzf quite enough so i can go ride up in the mountains?

since the new sound requirement is it has to be under 100 decimals and i know my bike is louder than that.

is there any out there??

any help is appreciated. thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted November 11, 2001 - 08:28 PM

FMF Q series is supposed to be pretty good - ~95dB. Big Gun also makes a quiet version.

Brian

• slimydog

Posted November 12, 2001 - 02:51 PM

yea the YZ is a loud beasty. Mine came with the White Bros e-series pipe & I am going to be buying the "silencer" insert asap.

Anyone have any experience with this pipe insert?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.