What is the dummest thing you have done TO your Z? I'll start...

60 replies to this topic
  • EvanNaculum

Posted March 04, 2013 - 09:10 PM

Tire shine on the wheel walls that i did not apply carefully. looks great, but I have lost noticeable traction in turns. I can feel the tires slipping a bit at low speeds on dry pavement where I used to have no troubles at all. How can I get this crap off?? Degreaser?

• jawknee21

Posted March 04, 2013 - 09:23 PM

probably not having eddie work on my motor the first time?

• mehoff636

Posted March 04, 2013 - 09:23 PM

yoshi rear tail light kit.... can't see it... way to expensive... going to be ordering a edge tail light kit soon :banghead:

• jawknee21

Posted March 04, 2013 - 09:25 PM

and putting in my used motor and riding with stock bore after getting used to my bb. i shouldve just sent that one to eddie first. id have it back already...

• dirt_eater

Posted March 04, 2013 - 09:30 PM

Buying a whole 2009 sm donor bike thinking i was going to convert only to not

• jawknee21

Posted March 04, 2013 - 09:31 PM

Buying a whole 2009 sm donor bike thinking i was going to convert only to not

convert to what? what did you do then?

• dirt_eater

Posted March 04, 2013 - 09:39 PM

Thought i wanted the sm suspension. Going to tune the conventional 03 forks, probably use the 09 rear shock since it has rebound and compression adjustment

• 707LAKE

Posted March 04, 2013 - 09:52 PM

stupidest things ive done were the 2 wheelies i got caught for.. both times(CHP, local police) were right behind me

im going to get glasses on wed lol

Edited by 707LAKE, March 04, 2013 - 09:53 PM.

• jawknee21

Posted March 04, 2013 - 11:31 PM

stupidest things ive done were the 2 wheelies i got caught for.. both times(CHP, local police) were right behind me

im going to get glasses on wed lol

And mirrors?

• ITS CHOOKEN

Posted March 05, 2013 - 04:05 AM

Fit a stroker motor +5mm crank , wild cams .. :blah: ... And then attempt to run hard on hardpack coated with gravel , too much motor for the application .

Fitted my big bore motor while I started to rebuild my stroker motor and found out the Big Bore was easier to live with .

1 x Stroker motor sits in my workshop .... Waiting

• ohgood

Posted March 05, 2013 - 04:15 AM

Tire shine on the wheel walls that i did not apply carefully. looks great, but I have lost noticeable traction in turns. I can feel the tires slipping a bit at low speeds on dry pavement where I used to have no troubles at all. How can I get this crap off?? Degreaser?

2 hours in the dirt should do it.

• blundy08

Posted March 05, 2013 - 08:59 AM

Riding around on Saturday chasing a GT-R and my zip tied tail light bracket broke and the wires rubbed on my tire shorting out my system and killing the bike. Stupid GT-R's and going way too fast in a 35mph zone to catch air lol

• buddoggin

Posted March 05, 2013 - 09:24 AM

I think putting 'tire shine' on motorcycle tires qualifies you for a Darwin award!

• EvanNaculum

Posted March 05, 2013 - 10:14 AM

I think putting 'tire shine' on motorcycle tires qualifies you for a Darwin award!

lol...darwin award? are you saying im the dumbest in this thread so far? lol

not to mention, i spelled "dumb" wrong in the title...ill accept the award lol

• Jvs

Posted March 05, 2013 - 10:50 AM

I put rim tape on my fairings as a decal. Left it on overnight and tried to remove it last night.

Safe to say its not meant to come off. My tail section is now all cut up and scratched cause I had to use a razor to get it off.

• ohiodrz400

Posted March 05, 2013 - 10:56 AM

Did you try a heat gun or hair dryer first?

• Jvs

Posted March 05, 2013 - 11:13 AM

Did you try a heat gun or hair dryer first?

No...I did a quick google search and people said just razor it off.

Looking back, Heat would have been smart.

• aussiedrzguy

Posted March 05, 2013 - 12:41 PM

Not being happy with a stock E. Sure the stock suspension and brakes are crap but did I need to spend a kings ransom to ship an engine, I tried to rebuild myself only to stuff it up, from Australia to Colorado and then decide while it's there to get just about every mod possible done and then some.

In hind sight a big bore and MRD would have done more than enough and I wouldn't have been without a bike for two years.

• Drz Charlie

Posted March 05, 2013 - 03:57 PM

Power washing the cockpit and shorting out wiring going to the key switch which caused a fire on the wiring harness from front to back. I learned to carry wire cutters (for the battery wires) after that..

• RToth

Posted March 06, 2013 - 05:35 AM

Not listening to the sound advice here and going for the 450 bb with 13.5:1 comp ratio JE Piston........4 head gaskets and 2 cyls later dropped to a 440 kit and no issues since...Expensive lesson learned. I didn't heed Eddie's warning.

Edited by RToth, March 06, 2013 - 05:35 AM.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DRZ 400 lower footpegs at last by vinco

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Suzuki   DR-Z 400
  • 8 replies
Reviews

Suzuki DR-Z400SM 2013 by hondajon80

Suzuki DR-Z400SM 2013
  • * * * * -
  • 12 reviews
  • Last review by claydus
  • On July 31, 2014
Forums
Photo

Wisconsinite762 Mod Thread by Wisconsinite762

• Hot  74 replies
Wiki
Lighten up your DR-Z400S - last post by motoinmoab

Lighten up your DR-Z400S

Wiki Articles
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

What did you BUY for your DRZ today by Craig-o

• Hot  2,055 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.