426 engine rebuild

2 replies to this topic
  • bikejunkie2003

Posted March 03, 2013 - 06:13 AM

I'm new here,I have a 02 yz426f that broke a valve at speed and trashed the head and cylinder. I've been trying to find a good used head but have had no luck, and a new top end will cost more than I paid for the bike. I've found complete running bikes for what I can buy the oem parts for, does any one have any idea where I might find a good used head for this thing?. I was also looking into putting a 450 power plant in the 426 chassis, is this possiable? Also someone told me I can put a 450 top end on my existing 426 bottom. Any info would be greatly appreciated, I really like the bike and would live to get it running again.
Thanks Dave

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • s14 2510s

Posted March 03, 2013 - 06:34 AM

Your better off keeping the 426 engine in there. 450 parts don't bolt on a 426 engine. I sent you a pm about a mint rebuilt engine from my bike im parting out. I went back to 250 2 strokes.

• beercan

Posted March 06, 2013 - 07:22 PM

Related Content

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  106 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.