throttle stop screw

7 replies to this topic
  • Carlcox89

Posted March 02, 2013 - 06:55 PM

Hi, i bought a used wr450 2007 and today i noticed that turning my throttle grip it only turns about 45º or less... is that the full range or is it limited by the throttle screw ?
i noticed this because the grip contains an arrow that is at angle 0º ( ->) when normal and when i turn it to maximum position the arrow only goes like 45º degrees (stays in diagonal)

• Krannie McKranface

Posted March 02, 2013 - 07:48 PM

You need to put in the YZ throttle stop screw.
There is a sticky/FAQ in this forum at the top

• Carlcox89

Posted March 03, 2013 - 06:06 AM

You need to put in the YZ throttle stop screw.
There is a sticky/FAQ in this forum at the top

How much should it open with yz throttle stop screw ? (In degrees)

• Krannie McKranface

Posted March 03, 2013 - 06:31 AM

Don't know, in degrees.

All the way open, is how far.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MANIAC998

Posted March 03, 2013 - 06:58 AM

How much should it open with yz throttle stop screw ? (In degrees)

The correct way to find out would be to remove the airboot and look into the carb throat. The slide should lift fully out of the venturi of the carb at full throttle. I know it's a pain, but it's the correct way to find out.

• Carlcox89

Posted March 03, 2013 - 08:48 AM

But just have an idea on how much should it open...how many degrees does your grip turn?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted March 03, 2013 - 11:07 AM

But just have an idea on how much should it open...how many degrees does your grip turn?

Actually, 45 degrees is about right for full open
The throttle stop drops it down to about 30 degrees.

• Carlcox89

Posted March 04, 2013 - 09:11 AM

Actually, 45 degrees is about right for full open
The throttle stop drops it down to about 30 degrees.

thank you Krannie.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.