Protapers w/riser

3 replies to this topic
  • slowxr

Posted November 26, 2003 - 03:54 PM

Do you think I can mount CR HI bend Protapers with the risers and still use the stock throttle cable and brake line? Are they going to be to short or is this not an issue?

• rnrdozer

Posted November 27, 2003 - 07:30 AM

I just installed the tallest tag bars I could find, and risers on my 650R, and all I had to do was reroute the throttle cable. I noticed the new tag bars were wider too. It sure helps alot for us tall guys. Good luck!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Miker

Posted November 27, 2003 - 11:56 AM

I think you will find that the cable you have the most problem with is the decompression cable. I put risers on my XR650R with pro tapers and on my XR600R with pro tapers and on both bikes it was the decompression cable that was very close to being too short. Happy Thanksgiving!! :)

• slowxr

Posted November 28, 2003 - 05:44 PM

I put the CR Hi w/risers on today. The decompression was activated when I turned the bars to the right. Managed to fix that. I haven't ridden the bike but it looks sooooo good.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.