Post your run ins with ORV/MX haters!

19 replies to this topic
  • charlevoixboy

Posted March 01, 2013 - 08:20 PM

Like the title says, share them up!

I had a guy block the backroad my friends and I were riding on, claiming "put a ^&%$ muffler on that thing" to me (03 Crf450) and I had to spend the next few (boring) minutes explaining how we all has US Forest approved muffler, had our ORV stickers, weren't speeding, and had our licenses. Didn't really matter, he just kept right on swearing and calling us all sorts of creative names. I kept my cool and was polite, which was tough haha His send off words were "we'll see what the sherif has to say about it!" and I replied "sounds fine by me sir" and we burned rubber out of there and didn't come back.

Some people own cabins there, and apparently think they own the place, errr "sanctuary."

Lets hear yours!

• The_Vernsker

Posted March 02, 2013 - 07:08 PM

I few years ago i had my ramp and bike stand stolen out of the back of my pickup at the local ORV park. From then on out I used the loading dock at the ORV to load my bike and i used a stump near the parking lot as a bike stand. The stump in question was next to the bathrooms and behind a sign that said "no vehicles on lawn." I would ride at the ORV 3 times a week and i always used the stump as a bike stand. For 2 years i went to the ORV and always was a courteous rider. I think the only rule I ever broke was having my bikes on the lawn although I always made sure i wasn't tearing up the lawn. Anyways...I never saw the ranger out there, even when people were driving drunk or high in jeeps, pickups or on quads. A lot of crazy and illegal things would happen out at the ORV but no ranger or sheriff would ever deal with it. But my first two meeting with the ranger at the ORV were so unbelievably bad that i now only ride at the track or where i know i will never encounter law enforcement.

It was June and it was a nice day, the ORV was BUSY. I unloaded my bike like usual and put it on the stump. As i put my gear on the ranger rolled into the parking lot and parked his truck. Before I could finish putting my gear on the ranger got out of his truck and wondered over to the lawn area. As i approached my bike i could tell the ranger was waiting for me, but i didn't really think it was a big deal. The guy didn't say anything to me until i had a hand on the bars and was about to pick the bike up.... At this moment the ranger decided it was a good idea to pull his pistol on my and forcibly tell me to "get your bike off my lawn." The &%$#@! had his gun pointed at my chest the whole time with his finger on the trigger. I don't know what scenario was in his head but i would have moved the bike if he would have simply asked. I was only 20 back then, but if that would happened today i would have made sure that guy lost his badge. I would have made a public spectacle of him until the only job he could get was shoveling shit at the city dog park. I don't know why there are so many trigger happy cops in that town, but they love shoot innocent people. Time and lawsuits has proven this much.

I had one other run in with the guy when i was with several riding buddies from work who are all in their 50's. He stopped to make sure our bikes were registered and had sparkys. Then he went to the effort off calling in all of the bike AND our pickup AND our trailer to make sure they were all legally register and not stolen. He even bugged us about not have dirtbike insurance. Everything came back clean and this must have pissed off the ranger because then he called in all of our ID's to make sure we didn't have any outstanding warrants. Again, everything came back clean but dispatch told the ranger that I had 3 speeding tickets (that i had gotten in high school)..... The next half hour this ranger lectured my about how he didn't need reckless (enter ever cus-word in existence) boys speeding around causing trouble.

Because of this ranger I avoid the ORV. I had towed out people quite often when i rode there. I gave people oil and helped people fix bikes. I had called 911 a few times for people in trouble and and even went and picked a guy with a broken leg after the ambulance refuse to go off-roading to get him. To that ranger i have to say F*&# YOU for ruining the place I once loved to ride. Unfortunately the ORV park lost one of its good Samaritan, I hope someone has filled my shoes their.....

• trailmeisterjoe

Posted March 02, 2013 - 09:05 PM

Why were you spending time at an ORV "park" in Idaho anyway? I hear that Idaho has 20% of the entire countries national forest singletrack trail mileage :thumbsup:

joe

• The_Vernsker

Posted March 02, 2013 - 10:15 PM

Why were you spending time at an ORV "park" in Idaho anyway? I hear that Idaho has 20% of the entire countries national forest singletrack trail mileage :thumbsup:

joe

I grew up in washington and lived there as a young adult, the incident happened there. I have since moved to Idaho while I'm going to college.

Edited by Vernsker298, March 02, 2013 - 10:16 PM.

• Slackkinhard

Posted March 02, 2013 - 10:25 PM

I grew up in washington and lived there as a young adult, the incident happened there. I have since moved to Idaho while I'm going to college.

Was this in the Naches area?

• The_Vernsker

Posted March 02, 2013 - 10:44 PM

Was this in the Naches area?

well since you asked it was at 7 mile outside of spokane.

• poldies4

Posted March 03, 2013 - 07:29 AM

Like the title says, share them up!

I had a guy block the backroad my friends and I were riding on, claiming "put a ^&%$ muffler on that thing" to me (03 Crf450) and I had to spend the next few (boring) minutes explaining how we all has US Forest approved muffler, had our ORV stickers, weren't speeding, and had our licenses. Didn't really matter, he just kept right on swearing and calling us all sorts of creative names. I kept my cool and was polite, which was tough haha His send off words were "we'll see what the sherif has to say about it!" and I replied "sounds fine by me sir" and we burned rubber out of there and didn't come back.

Some people own cabins there, and apparently think they own the place, errr "sanctuary."

Lets hear yours!

Sounds like you handled that very well. We go up north a few times a year and that sounds a lot like the area that we ride.

• Slackkinhard

Posted March 03, 2013 - 08:36 AM

well since you asked it was at 7 mile outside of spokane.

interesting. Found yourself a 'Roscoe P Coltrane'...That area generally isn't known for it. Had one in Naches a few years back that was notorious for being a moron. Took it to a new level.

I usually ride 2-3 times a week and I've only come across a few idiots in my times. The worst was in Montana, near Kalispell. I was with a co-worker at his brother's place, who also happens to be a Montana state land manager. My co-worker grew up there, and asked about some areas that he had ridden decades ago, if they were open, still cleared, etc. He said yes, they were still there so off we went. Halfway up some epic alpine single track, we come across what are obvious signs of someone trying to block the trail. Moved logs, rocks etc so it was something we had to get off our bikes and remove. We thought it strange, but continued on. Another mile and I come around a bend and this 40 something guy is standing in the trail, hand on his weapon as if ready to draw. I stop and ask 'is there a problem?'...I notice he has his teenage mail order bride off to the side looking frightened by the whole episode. He answers "you don't belong on this trail, this trail isn't for you" I tell him 'I believe you to be wrong, there was a motorcycle marker at the trailhead'. Then he gets defiant and doesn't look like he's going to move, but my buddies show up and see what looks to them like a confrontation, so they start getting boisterous. I ask them to calm down, and I let the guy know that he is welcome to take it up with the local sheriff. However we know him too, and he should not be building anymore trail obstructions. He denied doing it, but we know better.

We continued up the trail to a lake, and ran into some state workers brushing trail. We stopped and talked for a while, shared a beer...meanwhile hiker/goofball and his lady from earlier comes walking up and sees us chattin with the workers...he abruptly turns around goes back down the trail. Didn't even get to show his sweetheart the lake.

Damn dirt bikers :smirk:

Edited by Slackkinhard, March 03, 2013 - 12:41 PM.

• Officer Mike

Posted March 05, 2013 - 02:38 PM

the guys i work with are always on me that MX is not a sport nor is it taxing. bc you are RIDING something. the machine is doing all the work. obviously i just get furious. i wont even talk to them. the best part is they are all slugs. not one of them does anything physical or athletic. like you cant compare me riding dirt bikes to professional football players. i got it. but at least im not on the couch 24/7. im stopping before i start cursing and throwing things. ha

• BrokenChain

Posted March 05, 2013 - 05:37 PM

This actually happened last week. First of all, i have a motorcycle license and my bike is a registered and insured dual sport.
After installing some new brake pads and bleeding the line, i go around my neighborhood three times to test everything out and make sure it works. However, i dont even get to the first lap before the only bad neighbor i have starts illegally recording me (im a minor). She accuses me of speeding even though i was going less than the speed-limit. Next she threatens to call the police and say that i was illegaly racing around her house and that she wants me arrested. Little does she know that i was wearing my GoPro hidden away, so when the police show up (30 minutes later) i already have video evidence that i was doing nothing wrong, yet was being harrased and threatened. In the end, the officer tells me to be safe and goes on his way. The whole situation really infuriated me, but because i kept my cool, i was able to leave scott free without any problems. The neighbor on the other hand, was fined to hell and now has to deal with the homeowners association wanting her out.

• The_Vernsker

Posted March 05, 2013 - 05:48 PM

This actually happened last week. First of all, i have a motorcycle license and my bike is a registered and insured dual sport.
After installing some new brake pads and bleeding the line, i go around my neighborhood three times to test everything out and make sure it works. However, i dont even get to the first lap before the only bad neighbor i have starts illegally recording me (im a minor). She accuses me of speeding even though i was going less than the speed-limit. Next she threatens to call the police and say that i was illegaly racing around her house and that she wants me arrested. Little does she know that i was wearing my GoPro hidden away, so when the police show up (30 minutes later) i already have video evidence that i was doing nothing wrong, yet was being harrased and threatened. In the end, the officer tells me to be safe and goes on his way. The whole situation really infuriated me, but because i kept my cool, i was able to leave scott free without any problems. The neighbor on the other hand, was fined to hell and now has to deal with the homeowners association wanting her out.

I wish this would have happened to all my &%$#@! neighbors growing up... to bad gopro's didnt exist back then

• charlevoixboy

Posted March 05, 2013 - 06:11 PM

Nice :thumbsup:

I should get a go pro

• funke5372

Posted March 05, 2013 - 06:38 PM

One time had the neighbors behind use complain when I rode my cr125 in my own back yard, they called my parents and told them to make me stop... im 19 im pretty sure they can have a civilized conversion with me. Then the guy trys to relate to my dad saying he used to ride bikes but I shouldnt be riding this "time"... it was 4 in the afternoon on a friday during the summer. :banghead:

• Slackkinhard

Posted March 05, 2013 - 08:02 PM

Get yourself a potato, or aptly sized citrus fruit...shove it up the tail pipe of her car with a broom handle. Get out GoPro and video the bitch :D

If she wants to play...have fun with it

• Icantread

Posted March 05, 2013 - 08:27 PM

Get yourself a potato, or aptly sized citrus fruit...shove it up the tail pipe of her car with a broom handle. Get out GoPro and video the bitch :D

If she wants to play...have fun with it

You sick &%$#@!. Hahaahaha

• leafsrule16

Posted March 06, 2013 - 11:57 AM

I'm 20 years old. Me and my buddies were on our dirtbikes putting down a dirt road in first gear when a guy came out in the road. I happened to be ahead of them and just gave him a wave, he never did anything to any of us but one of my friends had to go back to the house to get a wrench and when he was coming to meet us (Said he was in 2nd gear, not going fast at all) the guy had a 2x4 and swong it at him. To make a long story short he gave my friend who was on his father's bike quite a beating. Broke a bunch of stuff. I wasn't planning on confronting him but we had to drive past his house to get back home and he was waiting for us. I drove around him and I was about to leave when my father lost his temper, threw a big punch at him, dropped him and then precede to put the boots to him. I don't condone violence but he deserved it. I'm not a man of violence but after the damage he did to my buddys bike he deserved it.

No charges were pressed on either sides but he happened to come out again when I was riding alone. I got off, took my helmet off and had a (suprisingly) civil chat with him. Although he knew who I was, I clarified that I wasn't causing any trouble and it was a public road. He wasn't angry and just warned us to go slow while passing his camp because of the dust, when I asked him why he was initially so combative he told me that apparently a group of atv'ers killed his dog. He used to have a dog that would run out and try and bite you but anyways, sometimes it's nice to have a civil conversation with him. Pretty funny the whole thing actually, maybe my father beat some sense into him. Turns out he's a really distant relitive of my mothers, small world I guess.

Edited by leafsrule16, March 06, 2013 - 11:59 AM.

• Slackkinhard

Posted March 06, 2013 - 03:32 PM

Violence is about the only thing that changes folks. Sad but true

• CRF450ish

Posted March 06, 2013 - 04:00 PM

I few years ago i had my ramp and bike stand stolen out of the back of my pickup at the local ORV park. From then on out I used the loading dock at the ORV to load my bike and i used a stump near the parking lot as a bike stand. The stump in question was next to the bathrooms and behind a sign that said "no vehicles on lawn." I would ride at the ORV 3 times a week and i always used the stump as a bike stand. For 2 years i went to the ORV and always was a courteous rider. I think the only rule I ever broke was having my bikes on the lawn although I always made sure i wasn't tearing up the lawn. Anyways...I never saw the ranger out there, even when people were driving drunk or high in jeeps, pickups or on quads. A lot of crazy and illegal things would happen out at the ORV but no ranger or sheriff would ever deal with it. But my first two meeting with the ranger at the ORV were so unbelievably bad that i now only ride at the track or where i know i will never encounter law enforcement.

It was June and it was a nice day, the ORV was BUSY. I unloaded my bike like usual and put it on the stump. As i put my gear on the ranger rolled into the parking lot and parked his truck. Before I could finish putting my gear on the ranger got out of his truck and wondered over to the lawn area. As i approached my bike i could tell the ranger was waiting for me, but i didn't really think it was a big deal. The guy didn't say anything to me until i had a hand on the bars and was about to pick the bike up.... At this moment the ranger decided it was a good idea to pull his pistol on my and forcibly tell me to "get your bike off my lawn." The &%$#@! had his gun pointed at my chest the whole time with his finger on the trigger. I don't know what scenario was in his head but i would have moved the bike if he would have simply asked. I was only 20 back then, but if that would happened today i would have made sure that guy lost his badge. I would have made a public spectacle of him until the only job he could get was shoveling shit at the city dog park. I don't know why there are so many trigger happy cops in that town, but they love shoot innocent people. Time and lawsuits has proven this much.

I had one other run in with the guy when i was with several riding buddies from work who are all in their 50's. He stopped to make sure our bikes were registered and had sparkys. Then he went to the effort off calling in all of the bike AND our pickup AND our trailer to make sure they were all legally register and not stolen. He even bugged us about not have dirtbike insurance. Everything came back clean and this must have pissed off the ranger because then he called in all of our ID's to make sure we didn't have any outstanding warrants. Again, everything came back clean but dispatch told the ranger that I had 3 speeding tickets (that i had gotten in high school)..... The next half hour this ranger lectured my about how he didn't need reckless (enter ever cus-word in existence) boys speeding around causing trouble.

Because of this ranger I avoid the ORV. I had towed out people quite often when i rode there. I gave people oil and helped people fix bikes. I had called 911 a few times for people in trouble and and even went and picked a guy with a broken leg after the ambulance refuse to go off-roading to get him. To that ranger i have to say F*&# YOU for ruining the place I once loved to ride. Unfortunately the ORV park lost one of its good Samaritan, I hope someone has filled my shoes their.....

I have a story that involved bullets and rangers. Needless to say the vehicle he drove went up in flames and he found his way out of the woods completely naked. He pulled his gun on the wrong crowd. That was when I was 17 And just didn't care. Highly illegal and if I would have been caught I would still be in prison.

• funke5372

Posted March 10, 2013 - 07:39 AM

Do tell just leave out the details hahaha

• sabortooth

Posted March 10, 2013 - 05:50 PM

I have a story that involved bullets and rangers. Needless to say the vehicle he drove went up in flames and he found his way out of the woods completely naked. He pulled his gun on the wrong crowd. That was when I was 17 And just didn't care. Highly illegal and if I would have been caught I would still be in prison.

That would make a great tarantino movie!

Related Content

Reviews

Honda CRF150F 2015 by Bryan Bosch

Honda CRF150F 2015
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

different year plastics by YJB006

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Bike review of my 2015 CRF250R by Justwant2ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF250R
  • Hot  31 replies
Reviews

Honda CRF125FB Big Wheel 2015 by Bryan Bosch

Honda CRF125FB Big Wheel 2015
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Reviews

Honda CRF100F 2013 by Bryan Bosch

Honda CRF100F 2013
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.