Gimme some good news please!

8 replies to this topic
  • mediumdaddy

Posted February 28, 2013 - 05:57 PM

Pulled my 99 400f out of the shed and after kicking the crap out of it got it running. Let it warm up real good, rode around the block and noticed a little oil dripping out of the breather which is normal for my bike, except it was milky. Fml. I pulled the dip stick and the oil looked good there, and the coolant was a little low. What are the odds that something froze in it this winter? It got really cold here this year. I'm tied of spending money on this thing.

• DC_Excitement

Posted March 01, 2013 - 05:20 AM

no problem. if the cylinder or head was internally cracked you would know it quickly,

its not uncommon for moisture to build up in the breather hose / valve cover

• longtravelbanshee

Posted March 01, 2013 - 05:31 AM

Moister is very coomon in the breathers

• mediumdaddy

Posted March 01, 2013 - 06:05 AM

Holy crap - lets hope so! thanks for the replies guys! Ima go for a little ride monday if the weather's decent, so i'll report back after!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mediumdaddy

Posted March 01, 2013 - 11:02 AM

Gray - anything to add? i hope? also - noob question - what kind of coolant do i use in this thing? and if its just regular automotive green stuff, is it mixed 50/50 like a car?

• FinchFan194

Posted March 01, 2013 - 11:11 AM

Get some "Sierra" polyglycol coolant and mix it 50/50, same thing as "Engine Ice"

• mediumdaddy

Posted March 01, 2013 - 11:36 AM

ok thanks - where do i find said sierra coolant? isnt polyglycol the same stuff as in most cars?

• FinchFan194

Posted March 01, 2013 - 12:09 PM

Any auto parts store, it is the "pet/environment friendly" stuff.

• FinchFan194

Posted March 01, 2013 - 12:11 PM

Sorry, technically it is "propylene glycol" or "PG"

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.