TTR-250 Teikei Y30P Re-build thread

15 replies to this topic
  • Do I Care?

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:36 PM

Couldn't fit it all & it wouldn't let me post some pics???>>>>> [color=#0000FF]Click here[/color]

Edited by Barra8, 28 February 2013 - 12:31 AM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Do I Care?

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:37 PM

Install: Nothing lol [color=#0000FF]Click here[/color]

Edited by Barra8, 28 February 2013 - 12:29 AM.

• verticaltwin

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:30 AM

Nice detailed pics! One question though... What do you mean by "rubber grease"? Is it a special grease for keeping diaphragm rubber soft and flexible? Can you tell me a brand name or any other info? This is one thing I don't have and have not heard of...

Oh, by the way... I've seen lots of info on line about rejetting the Teikei carb and most folks seem to have trouble finding jets for them, using Mikuni jets, etc... I was poking around on line and found this website:

http://www.motorcycl...n_Jets_C785.cfm

• Do I Care?

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:40 AM

Nice detailed pics! One question though... What do you mean by "rubber grease"? Is it a special grease for keeping diaphragm rubber soft and flexible? Can you tell me a brand name or any other info? This is one thing I don't have and have not heard of...

Oh, by the way... I've seen lots of info on line about rejetting the Teikei carb and most folks seem to have trouble finding jets for them, using Mikuni jets, etc... I was poking around on line and found this website:

http://www.motorcycl...n_Jets_C785.cfm

That for the link :thumbsup:
This should explain your question..
Rubber Grease

PBR rubber grease is a high performance castor oil based grease designed to preserve and lubricate plastics, rubber and components such as o-rings, valves, diaphragms, cups and seals. It is available in a range of pack sizes for both retail and the workshop.
Posted Image

Edited by Barra8, 28 February 2013 - 08:47 AM.

• verticaltwin

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:08 AM

Thanks!! I'll see if I can find some locally... if not, maybe I can pick some up next time I order parts. I need one of those o-rings that goes inside the lower oil filter cover bolt hole. Another small item the previous owner didn't think the bike really needed... lol!

• verticaltwin

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:39 PM

Removed the carb today and started on the cleaning... Has a 50 pilot jet, but the main has no markings on it. I have to assume its the stock 137, but it seems strange that it has no numbers or anything on it at all.

The idle mixture screw was out 6 1/4 turns too. I assume on these carbs that it adjusts the amount of fuel, as apposed to other carbs that adjust the amount of air. Maybe thats why it started so easily, with no choke even when cold. Maybe that accounts for the black in the pipe too.

• Do I Care?

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:24 AM

The main jet will have marking on it,they all do unless they have been ground off. Maybe someone drilled & milled the main jet bigger,It's a possibility.
If it was the standard Teikei main jet it would have the number stamped on the side of the jet.
If you zoom on this pic you can see that the main jet have numbers on it,the nozzle doesn't.
Posted Image

Have you tried dropping the needle down? If not it's worth a shot.

If you do have a standard #137 main jet it is quite confusing as to why it is too rich. I do seem to find that people from other countries IE. UK,USA etc. need a smaller main jet. The fuel quality defiantly is a biggest cause of the confusion.

I will be uploading more to the link once I can take pics . I lost my phone & the camera that I have is no good for closeups,but thats another story.

• verticaltwin

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:38 PM

I'll check again, but I'll swear to the fact that there is absolutely no markings on the main jet, even after cleaning well. I'm 44 y/o and I know my eyes aren't as good as they used to be, so I carry a Dr's otoscope in my toolbox for detailed up-close examination of plugs, etc... Very strange, no markings at all.

I need to order a few parts, so I should have time to dink with the carb a bit. Found out my petcock had started leaking when I removed the carb... so I need to order a rebuild kit or a new petcock. Plus a few o-rings and small parts for the carb. Since I'm in there I may as well replace the bad ones. Mainly the one on the float valve seat (which is only available as part of a float valve kit) and the tiny one on the idle mixture adjuster screw.

• verticaltwin

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:36 AM

Looks like the main jet size was removed from one flat of the jet. Hard to notice, but there is a shallow polished groove in the center on one flat!

Carb is all back together and clean... waiting on a parts order for the parts to rebuild the petcock until I reinstall it. Weather turned to crap again anyway.

Anyone ever try the fairly inexpensive Tusk brand bark busters? Are they decent? Just wondering before I order them...

• Do I Care?

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

Hey Kyle,
Never tried the Tusk bark-busters but you can buy the genuine Yamaha ones [color=#0000CD]HERE[/color]
Not sure what you meant by this
Hard to notice, but there is a shallow polished groove in the center on one flat!
I think you mean that the jet number has been removed. If so this tells me that someone has drilled & milled the main jet.
ps. I have been busy with my site lately so I haven't had much time for anything else. Just been trying to make it more readable & owner friendly .You are invited to join if you wish?

Edited by Barra8, 05 March 2013 - 03:58 PM.

• verticaltwin

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:51 PM

Yes... It seems that someone removed the size from the side of the main jet... either that or it was never marked properly in manufacturing. Once I get the petcock fixed and the bike back together I can get out and ride it a lot... then I'll figure out if I need to look into jetting. It ran pretty good after a quick cleaning, but then started falling flat when coming off idle after a few hours of riding. We'll see...

Just wondering about the quality of these handguards... but I think I'll try them out.

http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/B003O6BFOC

Can you give me a link to your website?

• Do I Care?

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:57 PM

Hey Kyle,
If there is no markings then someone has drilled & milled & why they removed the jet size. I highly doubt that it didn't get marked properly in the factory.
I left you a link before. This is the carby section... http://ttr250world.w...re-build-thread
My home page http://ttr250world.webs.com/
:cheers:

Edited by Barra8, 05 March 2013 - 11:55 PM.

• verticaltwin

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:13 AM

Hey Kyle,
If there is no markings then someone has drilled & milled & why they removed the jet size. I highly doubt that it didn't get marked properly in the factory.
I left you a link before. This is the carby section... http://ttr250world.w...re-build-thread
My home page http://ttr250world.webs.com/
:cheers:

Oh, ok... I remember the link, but I guess I didn't know that was YOUR website! Cool... I'll have to stop by and sign up!

• Do I Care?

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

Too easy Kyle :thumbsup:
I have only made it recently so it may look a bit UN-professional (English is not my favorite subject lol) ATM. A lot of the info was taken from my re-build thread & I was in a rush at the time so it's not all peaches & cream (if you know what I mean). It also has been so long since I have tried to write anything important that I have forgotten many of the ''tricks of the trade''. It should nevertheless be readable though lol :)

I could make you an admin if you like? maybe you could edit my bad grammar & punctuation etc lol :D

• verticaltwin

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

An admin? That might be a little fancy for me! We'll see if I can get my bike all sorted out first... like a test! lol...

I noticed the site looked new... nice job so far! I have a question I might ask there... just something that I've been wondering about the ttr250.

• Do I Care?

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:16 PM

Being an admin would give you access to editing,deleting etc. It's a bit of a risk on my behalf but I'm willing to trust you lol. I may need someone else to help with it all once it becomes a .com(domain),at the moment it is only a webs.com (host/sub-domain) site. This is in case we run into trouble makers in the future,just something to think about.

Ask any question that you want (within reason),if I can answer it I will do it promptly. I go on there everyday (that I can) so I'm never too far away.

I forgot to say thanks for your kind feedback about my site & your questions asked. This helps me to recognize where & what info is missing. :thumbsup:

Edited by Barra8, 06 March 2013 - 06:02 PM.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

Register Close
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.