How to bleed the shock of a 2010 YZ450F

4 replies to this topic

Posted February 26, 2013 - 08:08 PM

Hi guys!!!! Today I'm work on a Shock of a 2010 Yz 450f and I noticed a sound like an an air leaking when I pull in the stroke, then when the stroke returns it sound like rubbing against something, so I dissasembly the shock like 3 times and bleed again, what do you think guys it happens ??????

• Stu2

Posted February 27, 2013 - 09:46 AM

It could just be air in the shock, what bleed procedure are you using ? DaveJ's procedure is apparently the one to use

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted February 27, 2013 - 10:04 AM

Dave Johnson's method:

Originally written for the more familiar shock that has the reservoir parallel to the body, but works on the new ones, too. It's not unusual for a shock to make "some" noise.

• mach1jonny

Posted March 02, 2013 - 07:05 AM

When I completed the revalue and fluid change on my shock (used Smart Performance parts and fluid). To make sure all air was out I tilted the shock a bit. It is tempting to use to much stroke on the shock when bleeding, which will build up pressure and give you a bath in the fluid.

• mach1jonny

Posted March 02, 2013 - 07:06 AM

Sorry - I forgot to add, this is not a fast procedure just take your time and have plenty of shock fluid

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.