WHOOHOO!

4 replies to this topic
  • therapture

Posted November 09, 2001 - 10:15 PM

Got my new braided line and DP Pro-MX pads in today...this means I think I just might have some better front brakes at VP sunday....! The stockers are a bit mushy, to be nice about it :-)

I don't want to change the rotor out yet, who here has done this mod and noticed a big difference compared to the stock plastic line ?

• SUnruh

Posted November 09, 2001 - 10:21 PM

the pad alone will make a HUGE difference.

with the stainless line, you'd better be careful or your first real pull on the right lever may cause a stoppie/endo!

:)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • therapture

Posted November 09, 2001 - 11:53 AM

Originally posted by SUnruh:
the pad alone will make a HUGE difference.

with the stainless line, you'd better be careful or your first real pull on the right lever may cause a stoppie/endo!

:)

Thats what I want, one finger stopping power..... :D I am big hehe, coupled with the weight of the bike, I am basically slowing down 500lbs race weight...!!!!!!

• BK14MX

Posted November 11, 2001 - 04:23 PM

I have a 00'426, when I first got it, I was riding primarily in nothing but sand, so having great brakes was no biggy. Now for the last 5 months, I've been riding hard pack, groomed clay, dirt that requires great brakes, to get the beast stopped. I went to the full extreme, 280mm EBC front rotor, ss line, new pads, it will stop now. Nose wheelies are a one finger deal, ive pulled the back tire off the ground more than once, running at race pace!!!! Keeps you paying attention!!! But I can now brake as late, if not later than a 250 2 stroke..

• yzfguy

Posted November 11, 2001 - 05:50 PM

try this... stock cr250 brake pads on your yzf... big difference!!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.