'07 wr 450 water pump seal kit

5 replies to this topic
  • revyrider

Posted February 26, 2013 - 07:29 AM

Hey guys, looking for a water pump seal kit that includes gaskets 0-rings & seals, but can only find kits for '06 & older - nothing for '07 & up. Whats up with that? Anybody know where to find a kit without having to order all the parts individually? Thanks

• jdg211707

Posted February 27, 2013 - 12:43 PM

I can't completely answer your question, but I do know the shop that did my water pump repair on my 07 wr450 had to do it twice as the moose brand kit did not fix the leak and he had to order OEM Yamaha to get it right.hope this helps

• JDLowrance

Posted February 27, 2013 - 07:24 PM

If you are leaking coolant from the little hole in bottom of WP housing I'd say from experience you only need the outter shaft seal. I've replaced a few over the years and that was all that was needed each time.

Save the money for tires.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Road Rage

Posted February 28, 2013 - 02:47 PM

If you are leaking coolant from the little hole in bottom of WP housing I'd say from experience you only need the outter shaft seal. I've replaced a few over the years and that was all that was needed each time.

Save the money for tires.

+ 1 to this post for me!!!

• swolf

Posted March 02, 2013 - 05:58 PM

+2
I replaced my outer shaft seal once and it sill leaks a little when it sits but never once its warm so I quit worrying about it. I haven't needed to add coolant since last winter.

• revyrider

Posted March 04, 2013 - 04:53 PM

Thanks for the advice guys, I will replace the outer seal & see what happens.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.