Dual Sport Battery

4 replies to this topic
  • Yamses

Posted February 24, 2013 - 12:20 PM

I've got a plated street legal Wr426 that needs a new battery for the horn and turn signals. Right now i still have the stock regulator, which i plan to swap for a Regulator/Rectifier so i wont have to charge my battery externally like i do now. The battery I've been using is basically a regular 12v street bike battery that's jammed into the airbox, bouncing around ripping the filter up.

I'd like something much smaller that i could secure in the airbox and charge up with the new r/r. Ive read other forums suggesting 2400miAH NiMH batteries, but im not too sure what type, and im assuming i need a 12v.

If anyone can post a link to something like this that they run in their dual sport i'd appreciate it. Also any tips on rewiring when the new r/r goes in instead of the old regulator that would also be great.

• mr2autoxr

Posted February 25, 2013 - 10:36 AM

I'm using the TurnTech Battery. Is super lightweight, fits my 2004 perfectly and I have blinkers and all that stuff on my street legal WR. No issues what so ever.

http://www.turntechb...ry/Welcome.html

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Yamses

Posted February 25, 2013 - 04:01 PM

I'm using the TurnTech Battery. Is super lightweight, fits my 2004 perfectly and I have blinkers and all that stuff on my street legal WR. No issues what so ever.

http://www.turntechb...ry/Welcome.html

Looks good, how have you got it secured in the air box?

• n16ht5

Posted February 26, 2013 - 09:29 AM

dont use a battery, use a capacitor. trailtech sells them, or look on ebay.

• mr2autoxr

Posted February 26, 2013 - 01:17 PM

Secured same as stock. Use the rubber strap. fits perfect

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.