2012 Suspension settings

4 replies to this topic
  • xXNewfie709Xx

Posted February 23, 2013 - 09:12 PM

Hey guys,

Was looking to set up my suspension a little stiffer and i came across this site http://bestdualsport...-yamaha-wr-450r and i really like what they got done to their bike with all their mods. Basically my question is, they talk about putting your suspension screws "_____ from seated in." Im just wondering if that means you screw the bolt the whole way in tight, then back off to a particular setting? Thanks alot in advance!

• MANIAC998

Posted February 24, 2013 - 04:11 AM

Yes, that's how you adjust the screws. Go all the way in to a lightly seated position and then back the screw out the desired amount.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xXNewfie709Xx

Posted February 24, 2013 - 07:51 PM

Thanks Maniac,

Has anyone heard anything on bestdualsportbikes cams? Was looking at picking up them as well.

• JDLowrance

Posted February 25, 2013 - 05:26 AM

It's just the intake cam and yes, I'm planning on buying one in the not too distant future. Dirtbike just did an article on that bike and were very impresssed with the new power characteristics.

Losing a smidge off the bottom in order to gain 5hp through the mid and upper rpm range would be well worth it to me. The bike is on the verge of being too snappy down low (after uncorking and FMF pipe installed) that this siounds like a very good option.

• xXNewfie709Xx

Posted February 27, 2013 - 03:17 PM

It's just the intake cam and yes, I'm planning on buying one in the not too distant future. Dirtbike just did an article on that bike and were very impresssed with the new power characteristics.

Losing a smidge off the bottom in order to gain 5hp through the mid and upper rpm range would be well worth it to me. The bike is on the verge of being too snappy down low (after uncorking and FMF pipe installed) that this siounds like a very good option.

Nice man.

If you watch the video the guy explains our bike to a tee, thats why I was interested in the cams. And the FMF Snap. I do find alot of engine break in the bike. When im standing up at low speeds the breaking tends to throw me a head a little bit sometimes.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.