2012 side plates fit earlier models?

6 replies to this topic
  • zorroz

Posted February 21, 2013 - 05:41 PM

Looking at the pics between my 08 450 and the new 2012 models the side plates and air box look the same. Anyone know if they fit?

Posted Image

Edited by zorroz, February 21, 2013 - 06:15 PM.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted February 21, 2013 - 07:01 PM

I don't believe any plastic transfers accept the front fender, and even that takes some modding.

• MANIAC998

Posted February 22, 2013 - 04:10 AM

Left side subframe photo looks like it comes in at a steeper angle, so I doubt that you can make them fit. They do look similar though.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JDLowrance

Posted February 22, 2013 - 06:15 PM

They should bolt right up. I just sold my 09 WR so was able to compare to 2012. The subframe is the same for the most part and the rear fender/airbox are identical. I just put airbox grip pads from Techspec on and they were identical to my 09.

The only difference to the naked eye is the rear shape of the rear number plates.

• zorroz

Posted February 23, 2013 - 12:04 AM

I took a chance and bought some Polisport side covers and front fender and guess what the side covers fit perfect, no mods needed. The front fender needs to be re drilled otherwise looks great! :jawdrop:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• MANIAC998

Posted February 23, 2013 - 04:19 AM

Well I'll be damned!!! :jawdrop: Good job!!!

• JDLowrance

Posted February 23, 2013 - 10:26 AM

Well I'll be damned!!! :jawdrop: Good job!!!

?? You'll be damned ??

No reason for you to go to hell....I said they should fit in the previous post.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.