AFTERMARKET EXHAUST FOR 01' 426 "DO I NEED IT"

3 replies to this topic
  • FASTFRANK

Posted November 08, 2001 - 04:48 AM

HEY GUYS, JUST WONDERING ABOUT SOME EXHAUST FOR THE 426. I LOVE THE SOUND OF MY 426 JUST WONDERING ABOUT POWER INCREASES AND SOUND INCREASES WITH AN AFTERMARKET SYSTEM. DON'T REALLY WANT TO REJET IF I CAN HELP IT. MAINLY JUST THINKIN OF A SLIPON MUFFLER FROM WHITE BROS. OR MAYBE A WILEY CO. ANY INPUT WOULD BE GREAT. KEEP RIPPIN IT!!! ANYBODY INTERESTED IN A 93' KX250 IN GREAT SHAPE FOR SALE!! MANY MOD'S WELL OVER $4000.00 INVESTED!!

[ November 08, 2001: Message edited by: FASTFRANK ]

• Glen_T

Posted November 08, 2001 - 05:46 AM

Got a WB on my 00 only for the spark arrestor. The power is slightly better, but the trade-off for the added noise is not worth it. Keep your money and run stock unless you need a S/A. I wished that some of the quieter S/A's were available when I was in a buying mood.

My .02

GLEN

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • troyoda

Posted November 08, 2001 - 11:18 AM

I agree with Glen. Pipes don't make a big difference on the 426. I put a DSP stainless on my 01 for the spark arrestor too. Power curve is a little broader and smother but not by much. Peak horse power is about the same. Do yourself a favor and spend it on tires, clutch lever and a chain.

• yzernie

Posted November 08, 2001 - 07:39 PM

I disagree with the above two posts.....sort of!! I do agree that the stock system is very good. Much of what your decision should be based on is the type of riding you do. If you play ride and do not compete, the stock system is fine. If you race and wish a broader or transfer of power delivery, an aftermarket pipe could be an appropriate option. Most of the aftermarket pipes will be as loud or louder than the stock system.

The bottom line is, what do YOU want???

Ernie

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.