Dual Sporting a 2005 WR450 Questions
Posted February 18, 2013 - 08:02 AM
1. I have the Acerbis 3.3 gal tank, what tank bag do you use?
2. I posted about the Rekluse EXP Clutch, and I think I've decided against it at this point unless anyone can make an argument for why it would be worth it. I can't afford to go with the Pro-Start, so that's off the table unfortunately.
3. I was planning on running my favorite tires, Pirelli XCMH, should I be looking at a different option?
4. Thoughts on using tire mousse or tire balls? Or should I just carry a patch kit and extra tube?
5. I'll be running with the Giant Loop bag, as well as my tent and hit like that, including my 44mag, any options other than the ProMoto Billet rack?
6. Any other advice, tips, comments, free beer or places to stay would be very welcomed.
Posted February 19, 2013 - 05:12 AM
Posted February 19, 2013 - 05:23 AM
Never used the Maxxis IT, but I've heard good thing about them. Around us it's much more rock, mud and roots than sand unless we ride in the Pine Barrens in NJ.
Anyone have experience with the Maxxis in the northeast? Also, are they DOT? Not that it really matters, but we do use asphalt often to connect and the rangers in NJ can be pretty rough at times.
Good thoughts on the tire balls/mousse, never used them but I thought maybe they would offer longevity and maybe relieve the burden of carrying extra tubes, patch kit and pump.
Posted February 19, 2013 - 05:43 AM