2009 yz450f miles per tank

3 replies to this topic
  • Mark537

Posted February 18, 2013 - 07:11 AM

Does anyone have a general range on a 450? I always pit between 30-40 miles but i have a race this weekend where the trail is 20 miles so I am not sure if I can deffinately make it 40 miles. Any information would help.

• mikedabike

Posted February 18, 2013 - 10:44 AM

Should be fine unless extreme conditions. Pinned wide open in the sand with a ton of wheelspin the whole way or somethging like that. I think I get mid thirties in supermoto trim under race conditions when the throttle spends a lot of time wide open. My buddy did a off road race once and forgot to fuel after his first race. He made it 50ish before he ran out and he is a fast b rider. I am sure some one will chime in with more accurate figures but I don't think you need to worry.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YZPaGuy

Posted February 18, 2013 - 03:20 PM

My 08 gets 32 to 35 miles off one tank. I put the larger tank on so I wouldn't have to pit

• Jim813

Posted February 18, 2013 - 07:22 PM

At desert race pace I am around 25 MPG.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.