New Yzf426

4 replies to this topic
  • Yama426f

Posted February 17, 2013 - 11:32 PM

I'm new to TT. I just got a 02 yz426f I need to get a couple things for the bike..clutch lever,rear brake master cylinder, clutch cable, nd two tires. I read that I could use a newer brake master cylinder in order to eliminate the reservoir..wanted to know if a 04 yz450f master cylinder would work.

• grayracer513

Posted February 18, 2013 - 07:21 AM

Yes, it will, but you will probably have to saw off the tab that holds the reservoir, and you'll also need to partly unbolt it and tilt it back in order to remove the cover to fill it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Yama426f

Posted February 18, 2013 - 10:08 AM

Ok thanks. What kind of tires do yall recommend. I do mostly trail riding

• Cwilliams08

Posted March 02, 2013 - 08:12 PM

I have a set of Pirelli skorpions on my 426, intermediate/hard terrain and they grab pretty good. Motionpro clutch cable, and you may want to look Into an ASV clutch lever.

• Pooley

Posted March 03, 2013 - 09:40 AM

Tires really are a personal choice based on terrain, preferred manufacturer and price. Here in Michigan, it is primarily sandy, however depending on the trail, it can be rocky, rooted, loam, etc. The favorite tires I've run (and the majority it seems in MI) is the Michelin S-12s which is a soft terrain tire. They can chunk if you ride in rocks frequently as they are a harder compound rubber, but they have awesome hook-up in the sand and loose stuff. If you ride a lot of roads in-between trails, they tend to wear a little better because of the harder rubber. They are NOT DOT rated for road use if you need that for a plate.

I may give the Dunlop Geomax MX31's a try in the future as I see them being used as well, but haven't done much research on the reviews of them.

Related Content

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.