2012 - 2013 wr Maps

9 replies to this topic
  • nolo263

Posted February 16, 2013 - 08:59 PM

Owners of 2012 - 2013 wr450's can u please chime in and post what map u are using and what map u found had the most aggressive power, which one had best mileage so on. Please post values if possible.

• nolo263

Posted February 16, 2013 - 09:11 PM

Supposedly on the yamaha site they a had a modded wr450 map but i can not find it. The map they show is the same as the gytr head and exhaust map??

• BMWbeej

Posted February 17, 2013 - 03:31 AM

...Posted Image

• Ricky Roma

Posted February 17, 2013 - 03:56 AM

Can vouch for the Aussie Map. Really woke the bike up.

Looking forward to trying the MX map next.

Does anyone know if you can use the 'Modded' map with the stock exhaust?

With the maps in the above post, note that the Aussie Yamaha marketing dept. had a big lunch before they signed off on that and the 'bush' and 'hardpack' maps are the same.

Re mileage: hook up a bigger tank or forever hate.

• nolo263

Posted February 17, 2013 - 06:20 PM

I rode the bike today holy crap this bike is awesome!! Suspension was awesome and the bike had a ton of power!! I was extremely impressed! It was worth every penny. If it did not have the same power as my buddies 2009 yz450f it was damn close. To me mine seemed faster. What map has more power the aussie map or the moddified map??

Does everyone actually check the valves after break in??

Edited by nolo263, February 17, 2013 - 06:53 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ricky Roma

Posted February 17, 2013 - 09:48 PM

My understanding is that the different maps do not increase or decrease the horsepower, they just change the way it is delivered.

Checked my valves at 280ks (174 miles). No change.

Edited by Ricky Roma, February 17, 2013 - 09:49 PM.

• nolo263

Posted February 17, 2013 - 10:02 PM

Another question where is the compression dampning on the front forks?? The manual they gave me never really states where the hell it is. The picture kinda shows like it is at the top but i thought the compression dampning was at the bottom.

• MANIAC998

Posted February 18, 2013 - 04:45 AM

On your forks, the compression damping is on the top. On the older '"bath" style of forks the compression was on the bottom.

• nolo263

Posted February 18, 2013 - 06:12 AM

Thks brother i appreciate it.

• Ricky Roma

Posted February 24, 2013 - 02:25 PM

Gave the MX map a go on the weekend. If you thought the Aussie map was good, give this a go. Agressive right from the bottom and just keeps pulling with the sweetest power curve. Great for log hopping with a nice crisp snap. Was good in the dry, but probably not ideal for technical hills in the wet.

Had a huge grin on my face for the whole ride. Can't believe how much these maps change the bike. :worthy:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.