WRF & YZF exhausts?

2 replies to this topic
  • EvilEvo

Posted November 24, 2003 - 05:46 PM

Well I've ordered a DR.D exhaust system for my '03 YZ250f, and was wondering since my buddy has a '03 WR450f would it work on his bike and would it make any difference?
He has got the standard WR250f exhaust on his bike at the moment with the great big ugly silincer and ti headpipe so he will only want to change the silincer not the header. Will this work? Will it fit? Will it make a difference? If so how much difference will it make and where in the power range?
Is the '03 YZ250f & '03 YZ450f silincers the same apart from the YZ450f having a ti endcap?
We only want to change the silincers not the headers?
Thnaks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Desracer

Posted November 24, 2003 - 10:58 PM

I think the header pipe on the 250 is smaller a diameter. But with a good welder you can make anything work. I have a Yz 250 f can on my 450 and it works very well for power and is 2 lbs lighter. With some minor mods I made it work. The big thing I like is the stock pipe gets very hot and this set up I have says much cooler. It is louder this way but if I am not hard on the gas its passible.

• SPUTTER

Posted November 25, 2003 - 06:27 AM

different diameters

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.