Plastic - color options

6 replies to this topic
  • Strick

Posted November 24, 2003 - 03:39 PM

Are there plastic companies that make 'other' color plastics for Yamaha's other than blue? If so, what companies, and what color?

thanks!

• ktm125250

Posted November 24, 2003 - 03:42 PM

You might want to try Maier. They will make pretty much any color you want, but I don't know how long it takes.

• Hick

Posted November 24, 2003 - 04:24 PM

Acerbis makes orange and One Ind. makes yellow (the hurricane kit). I lined up next to an orange YZF/WR, and promptly asked the guy, "520 or 400?" Just like KTM orange.

I do know the white doesn't show its age as quickly, I think I got my white plastic from One but they don't show it...

One Industries Yamaha Page

Acerbis Plastic

Keep in mind you will need to change seat covers, tank, and frame color to get the whole ball of wax as far as color changes go. The YZ/WR I mistook for a KTM had an opaque tank, I had a white Acerbis on my YZ (black powder coat and black seat)...

Posted Image

For what it's worth I've had terrible luck w/ Maier plastic, the colors don't match and the holes don't line up. Just my (limited) experience.

Hope this helps.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MN_Kevin

Posted November 24, 2003 - 04:31 PM

http://www.acerbis.c...ica_yamaha.html

http://www.ufoplasti...a.com/home.html

• Strick

Posted November 25, 2003 - 05:37 PM

Thanks very much. Acerbis had what I want.

An ORANGE Yamaha - breathtaking :)

• SFO

Posted November 25, 2003 - 05:44 PM

Thanks very much. Acerbis had what I want.

An ORANGE Yamaha - breathtaking :)

Only Strick could love an orange tuning fork bike.... :D
:D

• jchantzWR400F

Posted November 26, 2003 - 06:05 AM

When you get the orange put on, I'd love to see it. I thought about the orange as well. Didn't know how it would look with the blue tank and frame. I did see where Clarke makes and Orange YZ tank. That and a powder coated frame would complete the look.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.