Aftermarket Radiators

8 replies to this topic
  • YZF831

Posted February 14, 2013 - 11:30 AM

Anyone running aftermarket radiators? Anything from Ebay specials to Fluidyne? I'm curious if radiator braces (works connection, devol, etc.) will work with them. Some say they offer more cooling over stock but they also look bigger.

• buellover

Posted February 14, 2013 - 02:19 PM

I'm running aftermarket radiators, I don't remember what brand (got them off ebay). They are definently bigger and much stronger. In the two years I've had my latest bike, I've wrecked a stock rad each year, but now I have aftermarket one's so hopefully I won't have to worry anymore. I've found you can actually twist the stock rads with just your hands, where as the aftermarket one's don't budge at all. I'm not sure about rad braces, I don't have any on mine, but I would guess that it would depend on the style. I've seen them that wrap around the entire rad and others that just brace the front. The front bracing one's should work just fine, since the depth or the rad shouldn't matter. Cooling capacity would be increased as well, strictly since they have a larger volume. They are definently worth the investment. If you don't need them right now, I would start looking on Ebay for a good deal that comes with both sides, that way you have them on hand, instead of scrambling to find some in the middle of the season.

• FinchFan194

Posted February 14, 2013 - 05:14 PM

I have Myler's, call and talk to them before you buy the ones off EBay, the ones on EBay are double the thickness and don't allow adequate air flow. Myler's are bigger at the top and bottom, but the core itself is stock thickness. The prices aren't terrible and mine have taken some hard hits!

• YZF831

Posted February 15, 2013 - 09:14 AM

Thanks guys. Here is a picture of my concern. Anything thicker than an oem radiator looks like the braces won't work. I've emailed the sellers but their best answer is "I think they'll fit" :bonk:

Attached Thumbnails

• wc.jpg
  • r.JPG

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YZPaGuy

Posted February 15, 2013 - 03:07 PM

I just bought a set of Mishimoto rads for $70. They have a lifetime warranty. I haven't installed them yet but they look good and are bigger then stock. I'll let you know how they do but I figured even if they suck I am only out $70. If they are good it will be an awesome buy.

• joaquin1296

Posted February 16, 2013 - 10:07 AM

I just bought a set of Mishimoto rads for $70. They have a lifetime warranty. I haven't installed them yet but they look good and are bigger then stock. I'll let you know how they do but I figured even if they suck I am only out $70. If they are good it will be an awesome buy.

No way... in europe a pair of mishimoto for the yz450 10-13 costs arround 500 $.

By the way I also bought the Chinese ones for 60 $ and so far very happy

Edited by joaquin1296, February 16, 2013 - 10:08 AM.

• YZPaGuy

Posted February 18, 2013 - 03:41 PM

No way... in europe a pair of mishimoto for the yz450 10-13 costs arround 500 $.

By the way I also bought the Chinese ones for 60 $ and so far very happy

Check out ebay, polished Mishimoto rads $70

http://www.ebay.com/...ead6cc9&vxp=mtr

• joaquin1296

Posted February 18, 2013 - 11:17 PM

Check out ebay, polished Mishimoto rads $70

http://www.ebay.com/...ead6cc9&vxp=mtr

Thank you, the problems for us in Europe is that when we buy to US Shops, the packages get stopped in coustoms, and the beggin with import TAX, VAT... At the endo you end up paying a fortune. But this would still be a great deal.

• YZPaGuy

Posted February 19, 2013 - 05:12 PM

That sucks, guess someone should start a black market export business of radiators, LOL.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.