Water Temperature Sensor

4 replies to this topic
  • diekatze450

Posted February 14, 2013 - 03:57 AM

Just bought trail tech´s temperature gauge. The sensor is to be plugged cutting a water hose.
My question is in wich hose it would be better to use: before the water gets the radiator, where temperature is higher and the reading would be more straight from the engine, or after the radiator, where temperature is lower but perhaps i get a better indication of the whole cooling system.

• William1

Posted February 14, 2013 - 07:21 AM

The feed hose going to the radiator is best, the closer to the engine, the better.

What matters is the engine temp, not radiator temp.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • L. Euler

Posted February 14, 2013 - 08:30 PM

I found that the wire was not long enough and had to install on the radiator return. After running that way for a while I think I like knowing the effectiveness of the cooling more than the engine temp since looking at the coolant stream will never tell you your engine temp anyway.

• diekatze450

Posted February 15, 2013 - 07:40 AM

Rad vs Engine: 1-1

I also see slightly different different hose diameters.

which sensor size are you using?

• William1

Posted February 15, 2013 - 01:33 PM

Trail Tech has extension cables.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.