light person on yz426f?

5 replies to this topic
  • N_FELT

Posted November 07, 2001 - 04:54 PM

i have been doing a lot off reading about the yz400f and yz426 and am deciding i want to get either bike. I am 6'-1" and weigh 140 so i am small. i only ride trails never been on a track. i am looking for a used 400 since i have been hearing their 1st gear is better than the 426 for desert. i am now riding a 99 yz125 and want to know if the weight wouldnt be to bad?

• mat

Posted November 08, 2001 - 12:04 AM

i just noved out to vegas and when i did i finally switched to the yzf from hondas, i mainly ride desert and find the weight a heck of alot better than my xrs were in the eastern woods, hevnt seen any 99s for sale though

• kfrosty

Posted November 08, 2001 - 08:58 AM

I would it would imagine on the conditioning you are in. I'm 5'10 150 and it's not a problem at all for me but I don't ride the woods. If first gear is all you're concerned about, you can fix that with your sprocket selection.

Also, have you considered a 250f? Might be what your looking for.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Itsamre

Posted November 08, 2001 - 07:33 PM

If you are just going to trail ride than get the WR!

• Young_Padawan

Posted November 11, 2001 - 09:08 AM

shoot im 15 5'11" 150 on a 2k1 yz426f and i love it. its soo fun. i like the yzf cuz its quicker than a wr. so its more a personal desicion.

• Tree_Slayer

Posted November 11, 2001 - 03:08 PM

My son is 13 he is 5'4 and 140 pounds and rides a Yz 400. he has been riding since he was 8 he handles the big thumper very well.

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.